Create: 12/08/2005 - 12:18
Fortified Iron admin Kyle asks for everyone's top 5 pros and cons of powerlifting. Pros:
- Being bald and tattooed and looking normal to your peers.
- if it was not for the gym I most likely would have gone insane by now
- Getting a PR is the greatest feeling outside of sex.
- The cool ass people i have met in this sport
- Being able to push myself harder
- lifting heavy stuff is fun
- The feeling of a huge PR
- fellow PLers consider me a middleweight.... at 265.
- It keeps me from killing homeless people with a hammer.
- I'm a fat fuck
- Unwanted advice from people who have never actually trained but know everything about how I should train
- Everyone wants to see biceps or abs, but really developed glutes are hard to show off without looking gay.
- Terrible judging that allows people to question a lift.
- Fed and lifter bashing
- way too many feds
- the diet, because someimes I just do not want to eat
- not fitting in plane seats properly, maybe even getting the extention so u can buckle(all u big guys know)
- There are no groupies.
- It's not an olympic sport yet
- Equipment is expensive