3rd Annual Powerlifting Watch Powerlifting Awards

Create: 12/18/2008 - 07:24

Comments

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
It is great that the staff of Powerlifting Watch takes the time to create theses polls. Thank you from all of us!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
It is understood PW can't capture all the lifters who made exceptional accomplishments during the year; however, their are names that completely got overlooked.

Submitted by Staff on
Anonymous wrote:
It is understood PW can't capture all the lifters who made exceptional accomplishments during the year; however, their are names that completely got overlooked.
It's possible that someone may have been overlooked. Though a lot of extremely good lifters and performances were considered but could not be included in these polls. There will always be some borderline calls that have to be made. Every comment regarding a possible exclusion has been addressed at this point. In one case, a lifter was added to the poll as a results of those comments. Please feel free to comment on why a certain lifter or lifters should have been included in the respective poll. Thank you.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Suggestion; I'm a little confused on the format. Don't get me wrong I love the whole awards thing. There are three catigories being voted on, ie "Lifter", "Equiped Lifter" and "Raw Lifter" for PL & BP, and both male and female. The equiped and raw are easy, but is the "lifter" catigory the overall? Maybe it would make more sense to make it "Raw Lifter" "Single Ply Lifter" and "Multiply lifter" similiar to the rankings. I'm not saying each needs a catigory, but there are already 3 sections for each Bench and PLr. Just a suggestion.

Submitted by Staff on
Anonymous wrote:
Suggestion; I'm a little confused on the format. Don't get me wrong I love the whole awards thing. There are three catigories being voted on, ie "Lifter", "Equiped Lifter" and "Raw Lifter" for PL & BP, and both male and female. The equiped and raw are easy, but is the "lifter" catigory the overall? Maybe it would make more sense to make it "Raw Lifter" "Single Ply Lifter" and "Multiply lifter" similiar to the rankings. I'm not saying each needs a catigory, but there are already 3 sections for each Bench and PLr. Just a suggestion.
Your suggestion to break the awards out into raw, single, and multi is something to consider for next year. You're exactly right on the best lifter categories. They include lifters from all types of powerlifting.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
It seems to me that this is just a popularity contest, and in no way is an accurate pick of the best powerlifter for the year in and class. In some cases all of the best picks were not included. But, you can have a little fun with it!

Submitted by Jim Ray on
Anonymous wrote:
It seems to me that this is just a popularity contest, and in no way is an accurate pick of the best (insert athlete here) for the year in and class. In some cases all of the best picks were not included. But, you can have a little fun with it!
Oh, you mean like the MLB All-Star game, or the Pro Bowl?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
I think that a new category should be formed for the top "PURE" Lifter. I know one who is constantly overlooked.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
These awards look like some of the meets where there is an award for everybody who enters.To some extent trying to figure who is the best in everything makes the winning of an individual award less significant.Except for the difference between drug users and non users I think most people can tell the dofference between a raw squat and a multi-ply squat and an IPF depth and IPA depth. You somewhat add to the problem by running these surveys.

Submitted by Jim Ray on
Anonymous wrote:
These awards look like some of the meets where there is an award for everybody who enters.To some extent trying to figure who is the best in everything makes the winning of an individual award less significant.Except for the difference between drug users and non users I think most people can tell the dofference between a raw squat and a multi-ply squat and an IPF depth and IPA depth. You somewhat add to the problem by running these surveys.
Dudette, these are just for fun. YOU somewhat add to the problem by not using your real name, moron.

Submitted by The Moron (not verified) on
The comment made did need did not need the tough guy reply.That kind of comment does nothing for the sport.Sorry but I didn't realize you had become the official spokesman for powerlifting and this forum.