World's Best Powerlifter

Thu, 03/27/2008 - 09:24 -- admin
Andrey Belyaev
20% (822 votes)
Andy Bolton
13% (552 votes)
Sergey Fedosienko
7% (287 votes)
Shawn Frankl
4% (186 votes)
Wade Hooper
3% (130 votes)
Oleksandr Kutcher
15% (646 votes)
Jaroslaw Olech
4% (172 votes)
Priscilla Ribic
2% (64 votes)
Brian Schwab
3% (119 votes)
Brian Siders
9% (378 votes)
Becca Swanson
1% (62 votes)
Donnie Thompson
6% (243 votes)
Julia Zaugolova
13% (549 votes)
Total votes: 4210

Comments

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Good poll, Jon. I had a really tough time answering this one. I was torn between Siders, Bolton and Belyaev. Normally in these polls I vote for a superheavy but Belyaev is so good in the 198s I ended up voting for him.

Submitted by zane geeting on
frankl, quad BW bench and getting close to a 2500 total @198. I would put belyaev as a close second as i eat my way up to 220, lol...

Submitted by brad heck (not verified) on
frankl.

Submitted by Putt Houston on
Frankl should not even be on the list. The poll is for humans only. Frankl is the best cyborg powerlifter right now. Wait until his 2008 uploads come in. BE SCARED! Putt Houston.... now with more Bom Chicka Wahwahhhhhh

Submitted by Michael A Taylor on
Putt Houston wrote:
Frankl should not even be on the list. The poll is for humans only. Frankl is the best cyborg powerlifter right now. Wait until his 2008 uploads come in. BE SCARED! Putt Houston.... now with more Bom Chicka Wahwahhhhhh
hahaha!

Submitted by Paul Kelso (not verified) on
I don't know if he is the 'best' - making such a choice has too many variables these days - but Sutrisno of Indonesia should be on that list. Several times IPF Open World champ, 743 kilo total at 60 kg. That's 12.4 x bodyweight. Perfect form. Always looks good for more.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
I gotta go with Belyaev. Frankl is an awesome bencher for sure, but Belyaev is a far better squatter and deadlifter. A 2248 IPF total with a 2 hour weigh-in is better than a 2470 multi-fed total. His 584 bench may not seem like much compared to Frankl's, but benching in the IPF is far different than multi-ply feds. There's a reason why IPF wr benches are 200+lbs less. Siders is a close second to Belyaev.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Anonymous wrote:
I gotta go with Belyaev. Frankl is an awesome bencher for sure, but Belyaev is a far better squatter and deadlifter. A 2248 IPF total with a 2 hour weigh-in is better than a 2470 multi-fed total. His 584 bench may not seem like much compared to Frankl's, but benching in the IPF is far different than multi-ply feds. There's a reason why IPF wr benches are 200+lbs less. Siders is a close second to Belyaev.
Frankl can bench that raw.. belyaev is clearly built to dead tho.. he locks out around the top of his knees..

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Siders is the man. 2601pounds in IPF......

Submitted by Michael A Taylor on
You lift today, sleep tonight, eat tommarow and live Forever. Shit I'm voting for Wade Hooper; not only is he one of the strongest 165'ers to walk the planent, he's also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. His form is also perfect and you never need to qeustion his work. Just my opinion though. And I think everyone is the best lifter.

Submitted by vladmir (not verified) on
why am i the only one to vote for fedosienko, the guy squats over 600, deads high 5's and benches almost 400 all at only 123 lbs!!!! and if his recent total would have counted, it would be a new world record. so what gives people???

Submitted by Michael A Taylor on
vladmir wrote:
why am i the only one to vote for fedosienko, the guy squats over 600, deads high 5's and benches almost 400 all at only 123 lbs!!!! and if his recent total would have counted, it would be a new world record. so what gives people???
500s at 123?? well...that is outstanding.

Submitted by Ben (not verified) on
I voted for Bolton. He has the highest overall deadlift, which is the only real lift around anymore. I know he is a super heavyweight, so pound for pound maybe not but overall. Where is Ed Coan? He put up better numbers at 220 and 242 than many super heavies, and did it in the USPF. Single ply and strict rules.

Submitted by lunchboxlb (not verified) on
frankl

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Frankl can weigh in at 198 (2hr) and bench raw? Why not do that for shits and giggles and break at the best ever raw record?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
I think Julia Zaugolova is the best!!Her results are really STRONG!!!!!!....and she is very pretty girl!)

Submitted by LifTeR (not verified) on
Oleksandr Kutcher FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Last time I checked Donnie Thompson had the highest total by a pretty good margin.

Submitted by Anonymous 123 (not verified) on
tough call. I said Siders but I could have just as easily gone for Sergey Fedosienko, Andrey Belyaev,Oleksandr Kutcher or Jaroslaw Olech.

Submitted by Диман (not verified) on
по любому Сергей Федосиенко лучший!!! абсолютный чемпион мира хуле!!

Submitted by Flavio (not verified) on
Диман wrote:
по любому Сергей Федосиенко лучший!!! абсолютный чемпион мира хуле!!
I agree.

Submitted by brad heck (not verified) on
Flavio wrote:
Диман wrote:
по любому Сергей Федосиенко лучший!!! абсолютный чемпион мира хуле!!
I agree.
I was thinking the same thing but couldnt figure out how to make the letters look like that

Submitted by TheNewOx8 on
Umm, yeah- I'm pretty sure that Donnie is OFFICIALLY, THE strongest man on the planet. Sorry guys- but he's #1.

Submitted by maddison on
TheNewOx8 wrote:
Umm, yeah- I'm pretty sure that Donnie is OFFICIALLY, THE strongest man on the planet. Sorry guys- but he's #1.
In multi ply fed lifting, I think you're right. But I wouldn't say he is OFFICIALLY the strongest man on the planet...... Not to take anything away from Donne, he is obviously the very best lifter out there at the moment in the feds that allow the equipment he uses and the lifting rules he lifts by. I voted for Siders, but I also wanted to vote for Donnie. I think the poll should be split between IPF single ply type lifting and Mulbi ply lifters. It's never fair to compare the both because the equipment is so different and the types of lifts, squat depth, monolift, length of bench pause etc, are very different also. Just my opinion

Submitted by Kot Murzik (not verified) on
Julia and Andrey. But i vote for Andrey Belyaev. He is not a man, he is really machine!!!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
By far it's Becca, she is amazing. Plus, I might add I find her to be a great turn on for me.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Siders is the strongest drug tested lifter on the planet...unbelieveable genetics that is only matched by his training volume and work ethic!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Anonymous wrote:
Siders is the strongest drug tested lifter on the planet...unbelieveable genetics that is only matched by his training volume and work ethic!
I THIK HE IS THE ONLY TESTED LIFTER UP THERE?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Yulia Zaugolova Luchshaya!!!i eto ne sekret.... mi tea lubim Yulenka ,raduy nas dalshe rekordami ,mi s toboy...poklonik iz Baku!!!

Submitted by Al Caslow on
If Kutcher was still in prime, easily HIM, only man to go 13x BW. Now, pound for pound: Frankl vs. Belyav vs. Zaugalova.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
When Kutcher was in the IPF he totaled 1962 at 181 and failed his drug test. Belyaev has gone 2248 at 198 and owns IPF world records. Kutcher benefited immensely when moving to a fed with looser judging...but he's still super-strong. Frankl is strong, but we're talking IPA, not IPF. Between the two, Belyaev all the way.

Submitted by crbruton on
I find its funny how little recognition Donnie gets. He's pretty much the only powerlifter who is good at everything. He's not the best at one lift. He's the best at all 3 of them together. And since powerlifting is all 3 lifts, I would think thompson should take the prize.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
crbruton wrote:
I find its funny how little recognition Donnie gets. He's pretty much the only powerlifter who is good at everything. He's not the best at one lift. He's the best at all 3 of them together. And since powerlifting is all 3 lifts, I would think thompson should take the prize.
Donnie is fantastic, but sticking with the IPA aint helping him

Pages