Matt Minuth Ready for WPC Worlds

Create: 11/16/2009 - 07:24
Below is video of Matt Minuth (242) benching 900 pounds off of a 1/2-board in preparation for the WPC Powerlifting and Bench Press World Championships which start tomorrow and run through Sunday in Bournemouth, England. Currently, Minuth is ranked third all-time with an 832 pound bench press. Rob Luyando holds the highest press of all-time at 242 (905 pounds). Minuth's prime challengers include Russians Vladimir Maximov (308) and Aleksey Neklyudov (242), Frenchman Richard Ligier (308) and Finn Kari Kalliola (shw).

Comments

Submitted by Putt Houston on
That is REEEDICULOUS!!!! Did he get struck by lightening or something? WTF??? WOW Putt Houston.... now with Ridiculous BCWW

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Putt Houston wrote:
That is REEEDICULOUS!!!! Did he get struck by lightening or something? WTF??? WOW
I don't think so. Just a great lift. Matt is very strong.

Submitted by Putt Houston on
Anonymous wrote:
Putt Houston wrote:
That is REEEDICULOUS!!!! Did he get struck by lightening or something? WTF??? WOW
I don't think so. Just a great lift. Matt is very strong.
I think you're wrong. Check his IQ. I bet it's high as f*ck. He's like John Travolta in Phenomenom. If he plants his own garden with huge tomatoes be scared.

Submitted by Eric Lilliebridge (not verified) on
Mick Manley wrote:
www.bigirongym.com www.youtube.com/BigIronGym how come you leave your hands on the bar the whole time? Good lift tho.
My dad "shadows" the bar on almost everyone he spots in the gym. Accidents can happen really fast with that amount of weight.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Good Luck Matt we know you will do great!! Jeff Johnston XXX Powerlifitng

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Organic tomatoes taste the best. The hybrids are kind of bland. Awesome lift.

Submitted by Joe Smo (not verified) on
Nice.

Submitted by Juan del Pueblo (not verified) on
Congrats Matt! It’s amazing how strong you have gotten in the past few years. Your bench has gone from a mid 600 to now in the 900's. You have some awsome tourette strength! Watch out for Cory Ackers he is making a come back! I heard he is taking 2cc's of touretts every day now!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Juan del Pueblo wrote:
Congrats Matt! It’s amazing how strong you have gotten in the past few years. Your bench has gone from a mid 600 to now in the 900's. You have some awsome tourette strength! Watch out for Cory Ackers he is making a come back! I heard he is taking 2cc's of touretts every day now!
juan, corey is on our team. i think he knows corey is back, lol.

Submitted by Sidney Thoms (not verified) on
Matt, GREAT Job! I am sooo proud of you! Best of luck and I know you don't need it. You are due a big HUGE lift and the WPC Worlds lifters and spectators, will be watching you as they drop their jaw with amazement. Take good care and give it your all! - Sidney Thoms_

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
wow