World's Best Powerlifter














Comment viewing options

Good poll, Jon. I had a really tough time answering this one. I was torn between Siders, Bolton and Belyaev. Normally in these polls I vote for a superheavy but Belyaev is so good in the 198s I ended up voting for him.

frankl, quad BW bench and getting close to a 2500 total @198. I would put belyaev as a close second

as i eat my way up to 220, lol...

Where is Vlad Alhazov?

greg panora

frankl.

Frankl should not even be on the list.

The poll is for humans only.

Frankl is the best cyborg powerlifter right now. Wait until his 2008 uploads come in. BE SCARED!

Putt Houston.... now with more Bom Chicka Wahwahhhhhh

I don't know if he is the 'best' - making such a choice has too many variables these days - but Sutrisno of Indonesia should be on that list. Several times IPF Open World champ, 743 kilo total at 60 kg. That's 12.4 x bodyweight. Perfect form. Always looks good for more.

I gotta go with Belyaev. Frankl is an awesome bencher for sure, but Belyaev is a far better squatter and deadlifter. A 2248 IPF total with a 2 hour weigh-in is better than a 2470 multi-fed total. His 584 bench may not seem like much compared to Frankl's, but benching in the IPF is far different than multi-ply feds. There's a reason why IPF wr benches are 200+lbs less. Siders is a close second to Belyaev.

Siders is the man. 2601pounds in IPF......

You lift today, sleep tonight, eat tommarow and live Forever.

Shit I'm voting for Wade Hooper; not only is he one of the strongest 165'ers to walk the planent, he's also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. His form is also perfect and you never need to qeustion his work.

Just my opinion though.

And I think everyone is the best lifter.

Putt Houston wrote:
Frankl should not even be on the list.

The poll is for humans only.

Frankl is the best cyborg powerlifter right now. Wait until his 2008 uploads come in. BE SCARED!

Putt Houston.... now with more Bom Chicka Wahwahhhhhh

hahaha!

Anonymous wrote:
I gotta go with Belyaev. Frankl is an awesome bencher for sure, but Belyaev is a far better squatter and deadlifter. A 2248 IPF total with a 2 hour weigh-in is better than a 2470 multi-fed total. His 584 bench may not seem like much compared to Frankl's, but benching in the IPF is far different than multi-ply feds. There's a reason why IPF wr benches are 200+lbs less. Siders is a close second to Belyaev.

Frankl can bench that raw.. belyaev is clearly built to dead tho.. he locks out around the top of his knees..

why am i the only one to vote for fedosienko, the guy squats over 600, deads high 5's and benches almost 400 all at only 123 lbs!!!! and if his recent total would have counted, it would be a new world record. so what gives people???

vladmir wrote:
why am i the only one to vote for fedosienko, the guy squats over 600, deads high 5's and benches almost 400 all at only 123 lbs!!!! and if his recent total would have counted, it would be a new world record. so what gives people???

500s at 123?? well...that is outstanding.

I voted for Bolton. He has the highest overall deadlift, which is the only real lift around anymore. I know he is a super heavyweight, so pound for pound maybe not but overall. Where is Ed Coan? He put up better numbers at 220 and 242 than many super heavies, and did it in the USPF. Single ply and strict rules.

frankl

Mike Tuchscherer

No Excuses...Just results

Ed Coan is retired.

Frankl can weigh in at 198 (2hr) and bench raw? Why not do that for shits and giggles and break at the best ever raw record?

I think Julia Zaugolova is the best!!Her results are really STRONG!!!!!!....and she is very pretty girl!)

Frankl all the way

Oleksandr Kutcher FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankl is strong but 584 raw at 198, come on get real!!

Julia-is my LOVE!!!

jon wrote:

Good Luck Brian!

Last time I checked Donnie Thompson had the highest total by a pretty good margin.

I voted Frankl, but it was a tough choice to pick him over Kutcher and Siders.

tough call. I said Siders but I could have just as easily gone for Sergey Fedosienko, Andrey Belyaev,Oleksandr Kutcher or Jaroslaw Olech.

по любому Сергей Федосиенко лучший!!! абсолютный чемпион мира хуле!!

Диман wrote:
по любому Сергей Федосиенко лучший!!! абсолютный чемпион мира хуле!!

I agree.

bullshit the best is the strongest

Umm, yeah-

I'm pretty sure that Donnie is OFFICIALLY, THE strongest man on the planet.

Sorry guys- but he's #1.

Zaugolova the best!
http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=4d9871f1a3f09610db69

Frankl all the way. Hey Lunchbox gimme a call.

How much does Julia weigh?

She competes at 165.

Julia and Andrey. But i vote for Andrey Belyaev. He is not a man, he is really machine!!!

jon wrote:

Andrey Belyaev

Oleksandr Kutcher and Julia Zaugolova

By far it's Becca, she is amazing. Plus, I might add I find her to be a great turn on for me.

Siders is the strongest drug tested lifter on the planet...unbelieveable genetics that is only matched by his training volume and work ethic!

Yulia Zaugolova Luchshaya!!!i eto ne sekret.... mi tea lubim Yulenka ,raduy nas dalshe rekordami ,mi s toboy...poklonik iz Baku!!!

that one is so hard to answer. I went with siders, simply because he's the only one I have seen in person!!

http://www.ProWristStraps.com
Best Gear in the World!

If Kutcher was still in prime, easily HIM, only man to go 13x BW.

Now, pound for pound: Frankl vs. Belyav vs. Zaugalova.

When Kutcher was in the IPF he totaled 1962 at 181 and failed his drug test. Belyaev has gone 2248 at 198 and owns IPF world records. Kutcher benefited immensely when moving to a fed with looser judging...but he's still super-strong. Frankl is strong, but we're talking IPA, not IPF. Between the two, Belyaev all the way.

I find its funny how little recognition Donnie gets. He's pretty much the only powerlifter who is good at everything. He's not the best at one lift. He's the best at all 3 of them together. And since powerlifting is all 3 lifts, I would think thompson should take the prize.

Zaugolova. She will shine at this year's Worlds. Here come the WRs.

Of all time w/out a doubt Paul Anderson. If in 1955 you put him a time and transported to present day, put him on the "gear" currently used NO ONE could come close. I'd estimate he'd do a 1500lb squat and again NO ONE even approaches that. Or do the reverse w/ the biggest/strongest of today and you'd have a squatof maybe 750lbs...maybe at best.

Mark wrote:
Of all time w/out a doubt Paul Anderson. If in 1955 you put him a time and transported to present day, put him on the "gear" currently used NO ONE could come close. I'd estimate he'd do a 1500lb squat and again NO ONE even approaches that. Or do the reverse w/ the biggest/strongest of today and you'd have a squatof maybe 750lbs...maybe at best.

My uncle once bench pressed one trillion pounds in his basement. Put him in today's gear... geeze, we're talking three, four quintillion, at least!

This has to be a joke.

I'm totally serious. Paul Anderson is still the King of Powerlifting. Who in his day came close? No one. Put him in equivalent modern day perspective...again no one comes close. Funny how he IS the last american super heavy Oly lifter gold medalist. Hammon is strong but he's no Paul Anderson.

You lift today, sleep tonight, eat tommarow and live Forever.

guys we all like julia and know shes pretty but still...lets keep the votes where they belong.

crbruton wrote:
I find its funny how little recognition Donnie gets. He's pretty much the only powerlifter who is good at everything. He's not the best at one lift. He's the best at all 3 of them together. And since powerlifting is all 3 lifts, I would think thompson should take the prize.

Donnie is fantastic, but sticking with the IPA aint helping him

Mark wrote:
I'm totally serious. Paul Anderson is still the King of Powerlifting. Who in his day came close? No one. Put him in equivalent modern day perspective...again no one comes close. Funny how he IS the last american super heavy Oly lifter gold medalist. Hammon is strong but he's no Paul Anderson.

Paul couldnt squat 1200, paul would have been lucky to hit 900 legally, well, if he competed under APF maybe

1200 raw even done to APF standards (and still walked out)... I'd say that's pretty noteworthy.

Tiger Taylor148 wrote:
You lift today, sleep tonight, eat tommarow and live Forever.

guys we all like julia and know shes pretty but still...lets keep the votes where they belong.

It's got nothing to do with "pretty". Lesser lifters rely on "pretty". Julia, pound for pound, is the best lifter out there.

How does Kutcher have the lead? He hasn't had a good meet in 3 years. Wade Hooper received 3x as many votes as Olech. Olech kicked his as in Austria.

Flavio wrote:
Диман wrote:
по любому Сергей Федосиенко лучший!!! абсолютный чемпион мира хуле!!

I agree.

I was thinking the same thing but couldnt figure out how to make the letters look like that

Nothing against Donnie, he IS one of the strongest men on the planet, but his DL is poor compared to hie other lifts which means he is dependant upon his equipment. his bench is more than his DL and his squat is 360lbs heavier. a well balanced powerlifter should only have a gap of about 200

anyone that doesnt vote for brian siders is getting punched hahahaahah

crbruton wrote:
I find its funny how little recognition Donnie gets. He's pretty much the only powerlifter who is good at everything. He's not the best at one lift. He's the best at all 3 of them together. And since powerlifting is all 3 lifts, I would think thompson should take the prize.

Now that was well put!

Donnie is good, but Siders is better. Donnie benched 565 at NERB, which is good, but 900 makes it look like he's a great bencher. Siders has benched 650 raw...95 lbs north of Donnie. Siders is a better deadlifter too; and he's getting better at it. His 865 this year is 55 lbs or so better than he did a couple of years ago. Siders over Thompson. Plus isn't Siders randomly tested?

Frankl

TheNewOx8 wrote:
Umm, yeah-

I'm pretty sure that Donnie is OFFICIALLY, THE strongest man on the planet.

Sorry guys- but he's #1.

In multi ply fed lifting, I think you're right. But I wouldn't say he is OFFICIALLY the strongest man on the planet......

Not to take anything away from Donne, he is obviously the very best lifter out there at the moment in the feds that allow the equipment he uses and the lifting rules he lifts by.

I voted for Siders, but I also wanted to vote for Donnie. I think the poll should be split between IPF single ply type lifting and Mulbi ply lifters. It's never fair to compare the both because the equipment is so different and the types of lifts, squat depth, monolift, length of bench pause etc, are very different also.

Just my opinion

Pricilla Ribic is an amazing powerlifter! I met her at women's nationals and she signed my shirt. I can only hope to be as good as she is.

Anonymous wrote:
Tiger Taylor148 wrote:
You lift today, sleep tonight, eat tommarow and live Forever.

guys we all like julia and know shes pretty but still...lets keep the votes where they belong.

It's got nothing to do with "pretty". Lesser lifters rely on "pretty". Julia, pound for pound, is the best lifter out there.

I can agree with that.

Dannielle Wagner wrote:
Pricilla Ribic is an amazing powerlifter! I met her at women's nationals and she signed my shirt. I can only hope to be as good as she is.

No doubt she can lift a half ton, but the other lifters on the poll are much more consistent in both attempts made and overall improvement.

Sergey Fedosienko the best of the best.

All Russian powerlifters............the best of the best............Powerlifting rules!!!

super

jon wrote:

OLEKSANDR KUTCHER

I think Siders is just way ahead of everyone right now. Even pound for pound. Just my opinion though

Anonymous wrote:
Siders is the strongest drug tested lifter on the planet...unbelieveable genetics that is only matched by his training volume and work ethic!

I THIK HE IS THE ONLY TESTED LIFTER UP THERE?

Fucking Thompson and Frankl.....hahahahahahaha. The IPF should just start doing a quarter squat/bench competition just to shut some of these americans up.

ed coan maybe the greatest ever . 2204 at 198 . 2403 at 220 . 2482 at 233 bwt .and 26 years of lifting at least