Andy Bolton DL Challenge Invite List

(updated to reflect Savickas and Magnusson are confirmed.)

Co-Meet director Ty Phillips has released the initial list of fourteen deadlifter who will be invited to compete in the 2011 Andy Bolton Deadlift Challenge. At present, seven lifters have confirmed attendance. The meet is scheduled for Cleveland, Ohio in May or June of 2011.

• Andy Bolton (confirmed)
• Zydrunas Savickas (confirmed)
• Benedict Magnusson (confirmed)
• Mark Felix (confirmed)
• Derek Poundstone (confirmed)
• Chuck Fought (confirmed)
• Terry Hollands (confirmed)
• Konstantin Konstantinovs
• Brad Gillingham
• Ano Turtiainen
• Mikhail Koklyaev
• Chuck Vogelpohl
• Andrey Malanichev
• Brian Siders

Comment viewing options

This is gonna be awesome!

I hope Mark Felix attends, we then will see who the greatest deadlifter is. ANDY

Yeah I always wanted to know what Derek can do for a max rep. This is the best what happened to powerlifting since Coan retired!

What about Alexander Klyushev? He needs to be there!

Anonymous wrote:
What about Alexander Klyushev? He needs to be there!

Yuriy Federenko has pulled 405kg (892) at 242 in the IPF. Istvan Arvai would be a good addition also. Both these guys deadlift significantly more than either Siders or Vogelpohl.

Holy Mackerel, this will be the greatest deadlift meet of all time! Imagine all of these guys in the same room trying to lift the most weight possible...it boggles my mind. Man oh man I really hope this meet happens. I would definitely fly over just to say I was there!

Anonymous wrote:
What about Alexander Klyushev? He needs to be there!

A deadlift meet without Tibor Meszaros?

If this truly goes down, we are roadtripping to see this! Amazing. This is what true competition is all about.

hell yes i only have 1.5 hour drive for this i will deff be there cant wait!!!

I live 10 hours away yet may have to drive to see this.

You are gonna need a ton of back up bars... literally!

Will definitely travel to this is if happens.

Very cool, very positive thing for the sport.

Anonymous wrote:
What about Alexander Klyushev? He needs to be there!

Yes, Klyushev, Vladislav Alhazov, Tibor Meszaros would be good, if not necessary, additions to the list. Also, may be Wildauer Martin, and Vladimir Bondarenko, Alex Vishnitsky and Stoyan Todorchev.
All these guys deadlift more than some of those on the list... they may not be as well known, but they should be given invites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEzVU5aD-c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oUq0rn4L0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdFlfmmLMbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujv_SiYiNhc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgFOkfbHR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVX74UA00r8

I dont know why chuck v and siders are in it, i dont think thay will get near the likes of the top pullers in that list.

Will be extremely interesting to see what big z can pull!

They better bring a semi-truck load of food to the venue with all these guys in one place!

It's great to see people taking a positive proactive approach to this sport and doing things like this, rather than the same old bitchfest about the status quo.

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What about Alexander Klyushev? He needs to be there!

Yes, Klyushev, Vladislav Alhazov, Tibor Meszaros would be good, if not necessary, additions to the list. Also, may be Wildauer Martin, and Vladimir Bondarenko, Alex Vishnitsky and Stoyan Todorchev.
All these guys deadlift more than some of those on the list... they may not be as well known, but they should be given invites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEzVU5aD-c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oUq0rn4L0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdFlfmmLMbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujv_SiYiNhc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgFOkfbHR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVX74UA00r8


Wildauer Martin is an amazing puller. Not 900+ .... yet =)

Lew wrote:
I dont know why chuck v and siders are in it, i dont think thay will get near the likes of the top pullers in that list.

Siders pulled 859 with an IPF bar after squatting 970. I think he could pull close to 900 with a long bar and without having to squat first.

Kevin P wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What about Alexander Klyushev? He needs to be there!

Yes, Klyushev, Vladislav Alhazov, Tibor Meszaros would be good, if not necessary, additions to the list. Also, may be Wildauer Martin, and Vladimir Bondarenko, Alex Vishnitsky and Stoyan Todorchev.
All these guys deadlift more than some of those on the list... they may not be as well known, but they should be given invites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEzVU5aD-c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oUq0rn4L0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdFlfmmLMbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujv_SiYiNhc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgFOkfbHR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVX74UA00r8


Wildauer Martin is an amazing puller. Not 900+ .... yet =)

Hmmm on his wiki page it ways hes done 400kg (881.6lbs) raw and 410kg (903.64lbs) equipped. I cant find video though...

2011?

holy planning batman. 1.5 years away? how do you plan a meet that far in advanced?

I just notice Benedikt Magnusson is now confirmed! Alright! Go Benni!

Anonymous wrote:
2011?

holy planning batman. 1.5 years away? how do you plan a meet that far in advanced?

To give people time to catch up to Andy =) Deadlift training takes time and hard work...

Kevin P wrote:
Kevin P wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What about Alexander Klyushev? He needs to be there!

Yes, Klyushev, Vladislav Alhazov, Tibor Meszaros would be good, if not necessary, additions to the list. Also, may be Wildauer Martin, and Vladimir Bondarenko, Alex Vishnitsky and Stoyan Todorchev.
All these guys deadlift more than some of those on the list... they may not be as well known, but they should be given invites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEzVU5aD-c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oUq0rn4L0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdFlfmmLMbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujv_SiYiNhc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgFOkfbHR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVX74UA00r8


Wildauer Martin is an amazing puller. Not 900+ .... yet =)

Hmmm on his wiki page it ways hes done 400kg (881.6lbs) raw and 410kg (903.64lbs) equipped. I cant find video though...

Here's 400kgsx2 (881lbsx2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9I70MqjZSE

Wildauer Martin should deffo be in it aswell!

Should seriously set up a website for this event to keep the hype up. Post confirmed lifters' training vids and introductions as the months go on... Set up a paypal donation system to pay for meet expenses or do a pay per view live feed. Most people who would pay to see this will not be able to actually get to the meet but will be following online! get sponsors to advertise on the website... market the shit out of this, it will be huge!

This looks really cool! I hope it all comes together.

The meet directors must have some more money than what has been disclosed to get these guys confirmed this far out from a meet.

Website is coming soon! Many many things will be announced very soon! Be patient! It's all coming together!!! A facebook group will be up HOPEFULLY by the end of today.

FB Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=491404520463#!/pages/The-2011-Andy-Bolton-King-of-Kings-Deadlift-Challenge/491404520463?v=wall

Gorilla Pit wrote:
Website is coming soon! Many many things will be announced very soon! Be patient! It's all coming together!!! A facebook group will be up HOPEFULLY by the end of today.

Are you expanding it to include more than 10-14 lifters? There really should be some other people on the list! Whatever, your doing a great job. This will perhaps be the biggest powerlifting event ever. People are much more fired up about this than any bench meet.

Quote:
Hmmm on his wiki page it ways hes done 400kg (881.6lbs) raw and 410kg (903.64lbs) equipped. I cant find video though...

Yes he claimed a 400kg raw deadlift @ youtube too and has a 400x2 equipped vid online (which is old now). Wildauer Martin should be on this list!! He would be good for a 420-425kg deadlift.

Anonymous wrote:
2011?

holy planning batman. 1.5 years away? how do you plan a meet that far in advanced?

Relax batman, you just go through your normal training cycles until you get a few months out from the meet then just dial it in.

Jeff Hackett.

Is Mark Henry Still training?

Jeff.

ULTIMATE SIZE, STRENGTH, AND STAMINA
www.fitstep.com
www.extremeselfprotection.com

Would be cool if it could bring gary frank out of retirement. plenty of time to get back to full capacity

invite some olympic lifters! reza-zadeh claimed a 900+ pull in training.

I live about 7 hours away but I'll definitely drive over to see this! Sounds amazing. I hope Konstantinovs shows up!

Dan

Rezazadeh is injured dude. There is zero chance he will show up in an equippment event.

hacketjj1 wrote:
Is Mark Henry Still training?

Jeff.

dont think so, hes on the road everyday gettin beat up with the WWE... plus he already made his mark on the PL world and makes 7 figures a year now, hes probably pretty content haha

How about Brandon Cass, Pat McGettigan, and Nick Weite...all over 800+ in a sanctioned meet. Again, given it's a deadlift only meet could make for a damn good event!!

All we need now, besides everyone else on this list to confirm, is for everyone to stay healthy while busting their butts until the contest! Good luck to all participants and those who aspire to be just as good someday!

This will be better than Christmas and birthday and every other holiday put together!!!!

I think betting should be made at one of the big bookmakers for who wins and for winning poundage.
I for one think the 1008.5 by Andy Bolton is going to be shattered. My money is on Zydrunas Savickas to hit at least 1025 and may be even hit 1050 when all suited up.

i will DEFINITELY be driving over to see this. Just hope the venue is huge and there is ample room to actually watch with the massive crowd that is guaranteed to show up.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

WHOSE YOUR MONEY ON?

MINES ON ANDY BOLTON IF HE IS BACK FIT FROM INJURY AND BIG Z A CLOSE 2ND

I think Johnnie Jackson the world's strongest bodybuilder should be given an invite... he he;-)

I think i should be given an invite-By 2011 i will have a 440kg dead:)

Can't see Andy being beaten.He believes he could deadlift 480k with straps so if he sorts his grip out he will be very hard to beat.

1.Bolton
2.Big Z
3.Poundstone
4.Felix
5.Benni or KK

why not have a pro day and amature day?

1)Big Z (1013+)
2)Andy Bolton (although I want him to win)(1013)
3)Benni (1003)
4)KK (970)
5)Any of the Russians who are in the comp.(925)

I wanna see some MMA fights before the main event!!!

-Abe Harrod

I thought Benni maybe Bolton but Malinichev is a monster!

Ok... everyone is making predictions about who is gonna win, but no one has asked this question: How many men are gonna be in the 1000 club after this event? Think about... That reason alone is gonna make this meet historic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkF_tHlJa_A&feature=related

A true Manster Bolton is.

Kevin P wrote:
Ok... everyone is making predictions about who is gonna win, but no one has asked this question: How many men are gonna be in the 1000 club after this event? Think about... That reason alone is gonna make this meet historic!

True! If competition brings out the best in everyone, wouldn't it be amazing to see four or five 1000+ deadlifts that day???

If KK gains weight, gets into gear, and accepts the challenge, I think he'll take it. If not, I thnk Bolton or BigZ take it with someone going 1025 for an insane WR.

This is gonna be awesome.

Lone Star Curt wrote:
Lew wrote:
I dont know why chuck v and siders are in it, i dont think thay will get near the likes of the top pullers in that list.

Siders pulled 859 with an IPF bar after squatting 970. I think he could pull close to 900 with a long bar and without having to squat first.

Not necessarily; squatting actually warms your legs and back up. I'd say Brian could get 881.

this will be a great event and i cant wait until this thing comes around. Let the training begin good luck too all and stay healthy

chuck fought
lexen xtreme

I have a feeling that KK won't accept a geared competition... The event will still be badass: Big Z vs. Bolton vs. Magnusson :)

salamander wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkF_tHlJa_A&feature=related

A true Manster Bolton is.

is that dvd out yet? whats the link toorder if it is?

Anonymous wrote:
I have a feeling that KK won't accept a geared competition... The event will still be badass: Big Z vs. Bolton vs. Magnusson :)

bolton's original statement was pretty open ended on what would or wouldn't be used. has that since been determined?

Bill Perry wrote:
How about Brandon Cass, Pat McGettigan, and Nick Weite...all over 800+ in a sanctioned meet. Again, given it's a deadlift only meet could make for a damn good event!!

These guys are excellent deadlifters but not close to Bolton, Savickas, etc. If its open to 800+, then virtually every pro heavyweight strongman will get invited!

I'd like to see mike tuchscherer there. Should be a 900lb lifter by then

if KK does not attend we will be exactly where we are now after the competition, asking what if...although it's so far away that I don't think anyone has an excuse for lack of training time or getting used to gear

This is awesome.... I like the idea that he is pooling as many great deadlifters together at one place at one time, even the guys that don't necessarily have a chance at taking his record...

Sucks we have to wait so long to see this, but it should bring the best out of all competitors involved.

kk needs to be there!

Lets look at this more realistic!
This meet isn't about who is a good puller, it's who is the best dealifter ever!
Only Big Z, K. Konstantinovs (if he put some mass on) and B. Magnusson can be a real threat to Andy. Only they pulled 430kg (950lb) or more.
The winner will be in the 450+kg zone.
All the others are about 420kg and lower.

No offense to any others on the list, but I think one reason people would like to see KK is that the guy's a flat out freak: built sort of like a body builder, lifts as raw as it gets - not even a belt most of the time, and always seems to be in a great mood.

Hey, wait a second....if KK shows up they really need to invite Efferding, even if Stan can't pull 900. Let him challenge whatever bodybuilder thinks he's a badass, in a two-man DL challenge before the main event.

It will be suit and belt.

If KK gets there that will make the event. Attendance and prize money will skyrocket. The promoter need to be working that angle big time.

Has KK ever worn a DL suit?

Is there a tip jar we could put funds into to increase the size of the pot? Image if 20-25k was raised for the winner?

We should give a prize to Andy just for raising the bar and creating what's going to be a whole class of 1000+ pullers.

Any chance you could post the highest deadlifts the 14 invitees have hit in competition so far?

After watching some of these guys lift in videos here and on youtube, there's going to be some amazing showmanship at this meet. Seeing Benni get fired up before a deadlift is really something else. The crowd at this meet challenge will be talking about it for years, no doubt.

Gorilla Pit wrote:
FB Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=491404520463#!/pages/The-2011-Andy-Bolton-King-of-Kings-Deadlift-Challenge/491404520463?v=wall

haha you guy said "wheres all the powerliftingwatch trolls at"

Mike Tuchscherer should be added to this list. He may very well surpass 900 given the fact that he has pulled 865 raw in the gym.

No disrespect to anyone but 865 once in the gym is no where near 900+ multiple times in a meet. Mike is an excellent lifter as are other high 800 pound pullers mentioned here but they want the truly elite, not the good.

-Abe Harrod

Like you said, the majority of the contestants don't stand a chance against Andy Bolton. Given that fact, I think this event serves 2 purposes:

1. To find out who the best deadlifter is.

and

2. Bring a slew of awesome pullers together and smash a bunch of records! How many more 900+ lifters will there be as a result of this competition? My guess is a lot.

This has never been done before. There will be a new world record. Some of these guys will probably train a year specifically for the deadlift. Boltons 1008 will be history that night. Just think how many 1200+ lb partials are going to be pulled in the next year. I have a feeling it'll be one of the powerlifters on that list since they don't follow the strongman schedule. Gillingham could pull it off because his numbers keep going up every year. If he spent a year specializing on the deadlift without the benching he could do it. Same thing for KK and Felix. That's what these guys are known for.

Anonymous wrote:
Is there a tip jar we could put funds into to increase the size of the pot? Image if 20-25k was raised for the winner?

Somebody mentioned PayPal on the previous thread. It sounds crazy, but it's worth it if it brings the best pullers.

This will be documented by strength historians. Someday our kids will be reading about this. Just the fact it's a once in a lifetime event should draw the strongest men from around the world. Whoever show's up, win or lose, will ultimately become a winner because they will put their mark on history as being one of the best deadlifters of our era. I think every puller attending should receive an award of some kind documenting their attendance and achievement. The beauty about the deadlift is that it crosses over into all strength sports such as strongman, powerlifting, and olympic lifting. If I was as strong as the guys on that list; I'd be there. No regrets. Opportunity of a lifetime. I think those that don't show up will regret it when it's over.

Anonymous wrote:
No offense to any others on the list, but I think one reason people would like to see KK is that the guy's a flat out freak: built sort of like a body builder, lifts as raw as it gets - not even a belt most of the time, and always seems to be in a great mood.

Hey, wait a second....if KK shows up they really need to invite Efferding, even if Stan can't pull 900. Let him challenge whatever bodybuilder thinks he's a badass, in a two-man DL challenge before the main event.


Stan doesn't think he's a bad ass. He IS a bad ass. He has the #1 ranked raw total on the site. I know people love to hate him because he's a bodybuilder, but the fact of the matter is he put up a REALLY good total for a 275er in unlimited ply... let alone raw! The dude is a complete bad ass and I would not be surprised if he totals out over 2300 if he gets more training in him.

Anonymous wrote:
Kevin P wrote:
Kevin P wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What about Alexander Klyushev? He needs to be there!

Yes, Klyushev, Vladislav Alhazov, Tibor Meszaros would be good, if not necessary, additions to the list. Also, may be Wildauer Martin, and Vladimir Bondarenko, Alex Vishnitsky and Stoyan Todorchev.
All these guys deadlift more than some of those on the list... they may not be as well known, but they should be given invites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEzVU5aD-c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oUq0rn4L0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdFlfmmLMbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujv_SiYiNhc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgFOkfbHR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVX74UA00r8


Wildauer Martin is an amazing puller. Not 900+ .... yet =)

Hmmm on his wiki page it ways hes done 400kg (881.6lbs) raw and 410kg (903.64lbs) equipped. I cant find video though...

Here's 400kgsx2 (881lbsx2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9I70MqjZSE

From my point of view an invitation for Martin Wildauer would be a great honour (and a big chance) for him. The mentioned 400kg x 2 was done on the September last year, after a heavy season including the WSM in Malta...

At the scheduled competition next year he will be in front of all other events - and of course two years older than he was in the video. One year of training at his age will bring up enormous progression and i personally have no doubt that he could bring up some spectacular lifts no one would be thinking of.

He's just a young man - give him this invitation and let's have a look!

I would have thought that since the competition is so far off they'd allow lifters to qualify in. Perhaps any lifter not already invited who hits 900+ in a sanctioned meet before, say, September would be worthy of joining this group? Just wondering.

Haha, this is so fantastic.
Just to let you know,,, if Benni comes he will be pulling 1100 or more. There is nothing in the whole worlds that stops him when he gets around to do something.

www.andyboltonstrength.com
www.cnpprofessional.co.uk

ok this challenge has been set because the amount of times i hear if he did this or if he wore this he would beat bolton so this is there chance a good time to train for it plenty of hype,what better place to try take me out eh than against me in top shape if anybody breaks my record or out pulls me this day,i will be the first to raise there hand,but i assure you it will be tough so train hard lads and will see you all soon.

www.andyboltonstrength.com
www.cnpprofessional.co.uk

also kk record with just a belt i think stands just under 950lb well i might have to give that a go also on the build up to this.

deadlift 1008 wrote:
www.andyboltonstrength.com
www.cnpprofessional.co.uk

also kk record with just a belt i think stands just under 950lb well i might have to give that a go also on the build up to this.

that would be great!

deadlift 1008 wrote:
www.andyboltonstrength.com
www.cnpprofessional.co.uk

ok this challenge has been set because the amount of times i hear if he did this or if he wore this he would beat bolton so this is there chance a good time to train for it plenty of hype,what better place to try take me out eh than against me in top shape if anybody breaks my record or out pulls me this day,i will be the first to raise there hand,but i assure you it will be tough so train hard lads and will see you all soon.

Said like a true Yorkshire man! Win, lose or draw Andy Bolton is always willing to step up and face the competition.

Poundstone would most likely not come third mate.

Pudzianowski pulls well into the 900's, why isn't he on the list...???

If Konstantinovs is in attendance you can expect him to be at or near the top spot... Also expect Felix and Savickas to put on one helluva show!