Ivanko Powerlifting Weightlifting Plates and Bars - Official Distributor




Jon Krogman Squats USAPL Jr American Record

23-year-old junior Jon Krogman (242) squatted a new USAPL Junior American Record of 793 pounds on Saturday at the USAPL Minnesota State Championships in Elk River, Minnesota. Krogman's effort surpassed Jessie Betzinger's 788 pound mark.

The squat puts Krogman fourth on the Powerlifting Watch Lifter Rankings.

Krogman added a 512 pound bench press and a token deadlift of 418 pounds to total 1,725 pounds.

Video of Krogman's squat:

Comment viewing options

Spetz is a BEAST, ready for a big pull at the ARNOLD

Incredible lifter to watch as always. Congrats on the record! There's got to be something with that pizza you had beforehand.

Ehrfürchtig!!!!!!!!

Putt Houston.... now with Ridiculous BCWW

This is a very strong kid. I was hoping to see him pull something ridiculous as well. Very strong deadlifter too bad he got hurt but way to protect the squat and finish.

Anthony Carlquist wrote:
This is a very strong kid. I was hoping to see him pull something ridiculous as well. Very strong deadlifter too bad he got hurt but way to protect the squat and finish.

Did he get hurt? Or was he just doing the QT of 1700 at 242 for men's nats. and/or arnold deadlift?

Great jon KROG!!!

sqbpdl wrote:
Anthony Carlquist wrote:
This is a very strong kid. I was hoping to see him pull something ridiculous as well. Very strong deadlifter too bad he got hurt but way to protect the squat and finish.

Did he get hurt? Or was he just doing the QT of 1700 at 242 for men's nats. and/or arnold deadlift?

Yes.. he got hurt. He should be fine.. just didn't want to take chances.

Smoke'um Beefpipe Jon!

Great job Krogman! You're a beast.

I already told you on the the phone but congrats on the record and you are a beast!! Get healed up so you can pull big at the Arnold.

I saw this squat with my own eyes... amazing! Nice job Krogman!

I saw this squat with my own eyes... amazing! Nice job Krogman!

Great Squat Jon! Speed looked good as usual! Hope your back heals in time for the Arnold! Looking forward to seeing you at HS Nationals in late March!
Joe

Thanks everyone! I put the SI joint in my lower back out of place warming up for the deadlift. It'll be healed up good enough by the Arnold. Can't wait to see everyone there!

Did he hurt his back on the squat? Check out the spotter on his right side-- looks like he is trying to press the bar over his head/not to mention before the other spotter grabs it. Some spotters need to watch what their doing. Just saw the same thing at a high school meet, one spotter grabbed the bar before the other and lifted it high without the other grabbing it.

Needless to say the kid had a hard time finishing the meet. Side bends with 500+ pounds tend to do a number on the spine.

Anonymous wrote:
Did he hurt his back on the squat? Check out the spotter on his right side-- looks like he is trying to press the bar over his head/not to mention before the other spotter grabs it. Some spotters need to watch what their doing. Just saw the same thing at a high school meet, one spotter grabbed the bar before the other and lifted it high without the other grabbing it.

Needless to say the kid had a hard time finishing the meet. Side bends with 500+ pounds tend to do a number on the spine.

I am in serious doubt that situation you see was the cause of his injury. Where the right spotter did grab it before the left, the motion of the bar was a horizontal motion. If I got injured every time that situation happened to me, I would have required back surgery a long time ago.
If the bar was pulled in a lateral direction I can see how possible damange could occur.

Let’s not also forget, the massive amount of weight loss Krogman weight through prior to this meet no doubt played havoc with his stability.

Spotting is thankless, we do the best we can. And it’s awesome every time someone like Krogman comes to the stage.

I didn't hurt my back until warming up in the deadlift. I believe it was just from a combination of a long day and the overall wear and tear that our body goes through in this sport. Its a minor injury, nobody is to blame for it.

Massive amount of weight loss Mad? I weighed 252 at Worlds in September and trained at 242 nearly my entire training cycle.

I'd also like to add that the spotters and loaders worked their butts off and I really appreciate everything they did to keep the meet running!

Jon Krogman wrote:
I didn't hurt my back until warming up in the deadlift. I believe it was just from a combination of a long day and the overall wear and tear that our body goes through in this sport. Its a minor injury, nobody is to blame for it.

Massive amount of weight loss Mad? I weighed 252 at Worlds in September and trained at 242 nearly my entire training cycle.

LOL! Lets not forget who your talking to. To me 10 pounds is a massive drop.

Still, you have lost a lot of weight, and kept an unreal percent of your strength in really what is a short period of time. Losing weight really isn't that hard, hell I can do it, but I become weak as a kitten. Its keeping your strength while doing so is hard. You have managed where many others have failed. Keeping that power during weight loss is impressive, but comes with pitfalls and one can not expect to not come with stability challenges.

I have no worries for you in that area, stay healthy, you have so much ahead of you in Powerlifting