Early RUM Committed Lifters Released

(updated 8/12 to add additional lifters)

In his latest newsletter, Raw Unity Meet meet director Eric Talmant releases the names of the lifters from which he already has received written commitments for the 2010 event.

They include the number two and number four ranked raw female powerlifters in the world, Taylar Stallings and Sioux-Z Hartwig-Gary, and the number three, four, five, and ten ranked males, Scott Weech, Jr, Beau Moore, Mike Tuchscherer, and Ben Brand. Other top 50 men include Tony Reid, Jamie McDougal, Ron Hackaspker, Sabre Schnitzer, Jeremy Hamilton, Shae Jones, Michael Neal, and Brian Schwab.

Other earlier commitments have come in from Scott Cartwright, Darren Matsumoto, Chip Edalgo, Brandon Cass, Johnny Vasquez, Larry Dyles, Eric Talmant, Art Menton, WC Waldron, Leonetta Richardson, Derron Bohne, John Landau, Jose Garcia, Jr., April Mathis, Leslie Kutner, Daniel Tinajero, Brian Tincher, Terry Acosta, Aaron Lawrence, Pat Susco, Thomas Phillips, Bill McDonough, Mike Pratt, Ginger Jeanne Vieira, Jenn Rotsinger, Mike Bishop, and Tom Roselli.

Bench competitors include Mike Hummel, Joe Hill, Claude Bouyer, Mike De Laval, Adam Zehr, and Neal Dreisig.

Ellen Stein and Doug Phan have committed to the deadlift event.

Talmant will cap the men's lightweight, middleweight, and heavyweight divisions and women's division to 15 lifters each. The bench-only and deadlift-only competitions will be limited to 20 lifters each.

Talmant plans to offer prize money to the top three finishers in each men's division; the best lightweight and middleweight woman; and the best lightweight and heavyweight bench presser (men and women combined). He hopes to also award money to the top deadlifter. More information about prize money will be released as it develops.

The 2010 Raw Unity Meet will take place January 30-31 in Tampa, Florida.

Comment viewing options

Add Mike Tuchscherer and Joe Hill to the list.

I have some unread emails, so if you emailed me and plan on attending then please post your name on this thread so that we can start to get the word out.

Thanks everyone!

Be well,

Eric

www.rawunitymeet.com

www.erictalmant.com

CITIUS,ALTIUS,FORTIUS
Proudly Sponsored By:
BMF Sports
Ultra Life, Inc.
Critical Bench
Titan Support Systems

Count me in! for the deadlift only....unless my knees suddenly get healthy...

I plan on bench only at 132.

another year of REAL powerlifting at the Raw Unity Meet..should be good to see what numbers come out of this one

Are IPF suspended lifters allowed to lift?

How come i have never heard of 90% of these names?

How are the division divided? Lights 165 and down, middle 181-220, and heavy 242 and up?

Should be a cool meet.

put me in for deadlift only buddy

Gratton wrote:
Are IPF suspended lifters allowed to lift?

How come i have never heard of 90% of these names?


what does that mean?? Just because YOU have not heard of them....lmao who the hell are you again??

I can't wait to see what comes out of this meet, should be some very very good lifting.

Quick question: looking at the site, I didn't see any mention about qualifying as a 123 lifter. Are they allowed to compete in the lightweight category?

joecool wrote:
Gratton wrote:
Are IPF suspended lifters allowed to lift?

How come i have never heard of 90% of these names?


what does that mean?? Just because YOU have not heard of them....lmao who the hell are you again??

Your right--The raw meets ususally attract different lifters-I guess i meant how come more top geared lifters don't come out?

Matt Kalinowski wrote:
I can't wait to see what comes out of this meet, should be some very very good lifting.

Quick question: looking at the site, I didn't see any mention about qualifying as a 123 lifter. Are they allowed to compete in the lightweight category?

If a male is under 132 then simply contact me at erictalmant@yahoo.com. We have standards for the lighter guys as well. It is just an oversight on my part that they are not posed on the web site. We will fix it.

Eric

I think the IPF suspended lifter question was regarding Tuchscherer and Matsumoto lifting in the same contest.

Gratton wrote:
Are IPF suspended lifters allowed to lift?

How come i have never heard of 90% of these names?

No, IPF suspended lifters are not allowed to lift in Raw Unity.

Eric

Anonymous wrote:
I think the IPF suspended lifter question was regarding Tuchscherer and Matsumoto lifting in the same contest.

Darren's suspension will be up by the time Raw Unity takes place on January 30th.

Adam Nunnallee wrote:
How are the division divided? Lights 165 and down, middle 181-220, and heavy 242 and up?

Should be a cool meet.

For each class, 1st place-3rd place will be recognized with a medal and certificates; and there will be an awards podium just like at the Olympics. In addition, there will be prize money for the best lightweight lifters (up to 181), best middleweight lifters (182-242), best heavyweight lifters(243-Unlimited), best female lightweight (105-132), best female middleweight (133-Unlimited), best bench press lightweight (up to 198) and best bench press heavyweight (199-unlimited). For each best lifter ranking, Raw Unity will once again use the Wilks formula.

This should help.

Eric

Gratton wrote:
Your right--The raw meets ususally attract different lifters-I guess i meant how come more top geared lifters don't come out?

Uh, because they don't train and compete without gear?

Gratton wrote:
joecool wrote:
Gratton wrote:
Are IPF suspended lifters allowed to lift?

How come i have never heard of 90% of these names?


what does that mean?? Just because YOU have not heard of them....lmao who the hell are you again??

Your right--The raw meets ususally attract different lifters-I guess i meant how come more top geared lifters don't come out?

You will have to ask them. We welcome all lifters from all genres of powerlifting.

We would love to have Carroll, Panora, Frey, Wenning, etc. at Raw Unity if they would like to compete.

Eric

Eric Talmant wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
I think the IPF suspended lifter question was regarding Tuchscherer and Matsumoto lifting in the same contest.

Darren's suspension will be up by the time Raw Unity takes place on January 30th.


Darrens suspension ended in april of this year.

We have in Canada one of the top 181's in the world raw or not in Willie Albert-I watched him do 705kg and he will go 750kg for sure.

He wants to come to RUM as do other Canadians i'm sure but he got popped for blazing haahaha-

I believe his suspension ends April 2010- he should be accomodated to lift.

Friggen WADA pricks--I means it weed man~

Eric, please count me in for the SHW. I should be back in shape by then.

Eric Talmant wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
I think the IPF suspended lifter question was regarding Tuchscherer and Matsumoto lifting in the same contest.

Darren's suspension will be up by the time Raw Unity takes place on January 30th.

His suspension for energy drinks ended April 2009.

Leo

surprised you aren't seeing more lifters for this because it's not drug tested, right? isn't that the reason most of the "big names" duck out?

perhaps all that talk you read here by certain multiply people is just that? they can't meet a measurable standard lift in nothing but the raw permitted equipment?

you are paying out prize money - usually the multiply guys show up for that right?

it would be an opportunity to put the ipf people vs the rest of the crowd in equal terms except for drug testing and see what happens. if you allegedly bench 700 raw, why don't you want to show up and prove it? since the ipf folks don't have the ipf excuse not to be there now, and the multiply guys have no reason to avoid it either?

would be easy prize money, right? since this is a unity meet?

ipf suspensions wouldn't just affect mike T, it would also affect ellen stein probably and suzy hartwig too. along with anybody else with ipf plans of course, lol.

interesting to see Hawaii folks entered, that's a very long trip to FL and I hope they get time to recover for a full effort.

can't wait to see the results on this one. maybe someday it will be out west and easier to get to in january from here...best of luck with the meet, eric.

It would be great if Panora did this meet! westside has some of the strongest guys raw or equipped.

ws wrote:
It would be great if Panora did this meet! westside has some of the strongest guys raw or equipped.


alot of people claim to be strong or fool people to be strong until they are on stage and have judges make that call...we have seen in the past what everybody so called strong guys have done at RUM ....THEN YOU GUYS WANNA CALL IT THEY HAD A BAD DAY

Michael Neal wrote:
Eric, please count me in for the SHW. I should be back in shape by then.

You are good to go, Michael.

See you down here in January.

Eric

I'd like to do this meet? How can I get on the list. I think lifters should all lift in raw, single and multiply feds! This is a sport about strength so why not show it with and without gear?

Stay Strong

Gratton wrote:
joecool wrote:
Gratton wrote:
Are IPF suspended lifters allowed to lift?

How come i have never heard of 90% of these names?


what does that mean?? Just because YOU have not heard of them....lmao who the hell are you again??

Your right--The raw meets ususally attract different lifters-I guess i meant how come more top geared lifters don't come out?

the simple reason is that, they are top GEAR lifters but just regular lifters RAW and they will come on here and say its because of they dont wanna lift raw BULLSHIT.... its because of alot of other guys are doing the numbers that they are doing when they are raw

Looks like it is gonna be a kickass meet. I'm a multiply guy and when my rawstrength gets to a level that i feel i can do a strong total i'm signing up for this event!!

Eric is doing something really good for the sport here.

I would however love to see Yarymbash in this meet but he was suspende for life for breaking rule 11.9 in the IPF rules. Does that disqualify him for this meet?

Scott Cartwright wrote:
I'd like to do this meet? How can I get on the list. I think lifters should all lift in raw, single and multiply feds! This is a sport about strength so why not show it with and without gear?

Stay Strong

Hey Scott. You and I talked at the USPF Nationals about Raw Unity, so just send me an email at erictalmant@yahoo.com and I will officially put it before the Raw Unity executive committee. They will decide whether to issue you an automatic invite or not. I can't imagine you not getting one...

Good luck at the Pro/Am.

All the best,

Eric

Einar S Hernes wrote:
Looks like it is gonna be a kickass meet. I'm a multiply guy and when my rawstrength gets to a level that i feel i can do a strong total i'm signing up for this event!!

Eric is doing something really good for the sport here.

I would however love to see Yarymbash in this meet but he was suspende for life for breaking rule 11.9 in the IPF rules. Does that disqualify him for this meet?

Yes it does. Anyone with a lifetime IPF suspension is out for Raw Unity.

Hey Eric,

Sent you an email. I will be coming as well to represent the 148 bench only for a third year in a row.

Neal Dreisig

Add Beau Moore, April Mathis, Leslie Kutner, Daniel Tinajero, Brian Tincher, Brian Schwab, Terry Acosta, Aaron Lawrence, Pat Susco, Neal Dreisig, Thomas Phillips, Bill McDonough, Mike Pratt, Ginger Jeanne Vieira, and Jenn Rotsinger.

Eric

www.rawunitymeet.com

www.erictalmant.com

CITIUS,ALTIUS,FORTIUS
Proudly Sponsored By:
BMF Sports
Ultra Life, Inc.
Critical Bench
Titan Support Systems

Why does it matter if a lifter is banned by the IPF? They ban people for several reasons and I think I read that the RUM is untested? Just wondering.
www.Ryanopower.com
www.AndersonPowerlifting.com

Another great lineup and gonna be another great meet, Eric. I'll be fighting for a front row seat...again.

Roger Ryan wrote:
Why does it matter if a lifter is banned by the IPF? They ban people for several reasons and I think I read that the RUM is untested? Just wondering.
www.Ryanopower.com
www.AndersonPowerlifting.com

I think it is because of rule 11.9 in the IPF rules, competing against a banned lifter results in a suspension for the lifter.

So that the guys like Mike T and such can compete and not get banned from the IPF if for example Yarymbash or Kutcher was there aswell...

It is the IPF's fault for having that goddamn retarded rule :)

Staff wrote:
Other earlier commitments have come in from ...Eric Talmant

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Eric, I've got to say I haven't always been you're biggest fan but you sure do run this meet right. Keep it up.

Eric, If you would have me I am in at 220. Thanks, Brandon C4 Cass

Brandon Cass wrote:
Eric, If you would have me I am in at 220. Thanks, Brandon C4 Cass

We are *very excited* to have you, Brandon! You have been added at middleweight.

Eric

KarstenDD wrote:
Staff wrote:
Other earlier commitments have come in from ...Eric Talmant

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Eric, I've got to say I haven't always been you're biggest fan but you sure do run this meet right. Keep it up.

I have more help running Raw Unity than you guys can possibly imagine. I truly have been blessed on this journey that we are on to try and reunite powerlifting. These guys know who they are. Without them, there would be no Raw Unity.

After that, it is the lifters that decide to show up at Raw Unity that make it work. Without the big names, there would be no Raw Unity.

But we certainly do appreciate the kind words!

Eric

Hey Eric...I'd like to enter too,but the powerlifting high school regionals are jan.30, and I am the coach for my team and we were regional champs last year and state runners up in 5A.Will I be lifting sun. and when and what time are the weigh-ins?I may fly out sat. night if 220 will be lifting on sun.JK

Eric,

This is such a great concept and you & your supporting cast deserve a lot of credit. It is great to see so many outstanding competitors come together and actually be a part of a unifying concept.

Let me know when you start up a Raw Unity JV meet ha ha - I'll be there!!!

Eric,

Can you please post the qualifying totals to be able to compete in the Unity meet?

He provided the website earlier but here it is again.

http://www.rawunitymeet.com/

This meet just seems to get bigger and bigger. If I can get my act together and actually compete more than just once a year, this would definitely be on the top of my list. Great job Eric.

Ryan Spencer

to bad ed coan couldnt enter this meet, he would clean it up.

Anonymous wrote:
to bad ed coan couldnt enter this meet, he would clean it up.

theres always a damn nut everywhere you go

JesseKellum wrote:
Hey Eric...I'd like to enter too,but the powerlifting high school regionals are jan.30, and I am the coach for my team and we were regional champs last year and state runners up in 5A.Will I be lifting sun. and when and what time are the weigh-ins?I may fly out sat. night if 220 will be lifting on sun.JK

Hello Jesse. It is good to hear from you.

Yes, you would compete on Sunday and you could weigh in any time Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Please send me an email to erictalmant@yahoo.com and I will give you my number so we can discuss it on the phone if necessary.

Eric

politicalmuscle wrote:
This meet just seems to get bigger and bigger. If I can get my act together and actually compete more than just once a year, this would definitely be on the top of my list. Great job Eric.

Ryan Spencer

Ryan:

We have been trying to get you over here for 2+ years now!

Eric

CA wrote:
Eric,

Can you please post the qualifying totals to be able to compete in the Unity meet?

This is from the Raw Unity web site under the tab "About/Qualify".

Hello lifters. Below you will find the qualifying totals for the 2010 Raw Unity Powerlifting Championships which will be held in or closer to Tampa, FL on January 30 & 31. These totals can be done in a sanctioned or unsanctioned meet, but it has to be done raw according to that federation’s (if applicable) or that meet’s rules. For example, we understand that the APA allows monolifts and knee wraps in their raw division and that 100% Raw does not, but this meet is about uniting powerlifters and as such we feel that this is the best way to do it.

Please be aware, however, that the Raw Unity Meet itself will only allow neoprene knee sleeves, wrist wraps, and the rules of performance of the lifts will be the same as this year’s competition and can be found at the web site at http://www.rawunitymeet.com.

If you competed in the 2008 or 2009 Raw Unity Meet then you are automatically invited back for the 2010 Raw Unity Meet Championships.

If you are a top single or multi-ply lifter and would like to be considered for the Raw Unity Meet please submit a lifter resume to erictalmant@yahoo.com.

If there are any other questions, please contact me at my Yahoo address or through the Raw Unity Meet web site contact form. Thank you for your time and train hard!

Men

132 - 837.0
148 - 1074.0
165 - 1245.0
181 - 1377.0
198 - 1471.0
220 - 1532.0
242 - 1592.0
275 - 1692.0
308 - 1697.0
SHW - 1708.0

Women

105-407
114-462
123-518
132-589
148-622
165-639
181-688
198-705
SH- 710
Bench Only

132-259
148-297
165-341
181-385
198-407
220-429
242-446
275-473
308-496
SH- 518

Deadlift only: there are no qualifying totals for the deadlift only in 2010. However, we are not allowing any crossovers into the deadlift only this year. For example, if a competitor qualifies for and competes in the full meet at Raw Unity, then they can also enter the bench only (if they qualify) but not the deadlift only. Am I being clear or do I need to perhaps explain this another way?

Eric

Jon:

Could you add Tom Roselli, Scott Cartwright, and Ben Brand to the list?

Thanks!

Eric

www.rawunitymeet.com

www.erictalmant.com

CITIUS,ALTIUS,FORTIUS
Proudly Sponsored By:
BMF Sports
Ultra Life, Inc.
Critical Bench
Titan Support Systems

Looks like it's going to be a great turnout. I would like to lift at this meet @220.

Adam Hires

hulk220 wrote:
Looks like it's going to be a great turnout. I would like to lift at this meet @220.

Adam Hires

Check you email, Adam. I sent you a reply.

Eric

hey Eric you can add me on 198's, see ya buddy and God Bless.

Mike Bishop

I didn't get it. May have been work addy...try this one....hulk_220@yahoo.com

Anyone know if Celli is coming this year?

This meet is blowing up, it will be awesome to be able to lift against Kellum and Cass.

Anonymous wrote:
hey Eric you can add me on 198's, see ya buddy and God Bless.

Mike Bishop

You have been added, Mike. Congrats on the USAPL win!

Eric

This looks like it is shaping up to be a premiere Raw Meet. I can't wait till I get some strength on me, so I can compete. By the way Eric, I went to the site and the link to the qualifying totals wasn't working.

"A wise man once said nothing because he knew his actions would speak for him."

what is the procedure for weigh-ins? day of 2 hour? or day before? or? thanks

terry acosta

Anonymous wrote:
what is the procedure for weigh-ins? day of 2 hour? or day before? or? thanks

terry acosta

24 hour weigh-in, Terry. You will compete on Saturday at 10am, so you can start to weigh in as early as Friday at 10am.

If the personnel that we are hoping show up for Raw Unity 2010 and like what they see and decide to come back for 2011, then we will do away with the 24 hour weigh-in.

However, for 2010 all competitors are given the option to weigh in the day before or the morning of when they compete.

Eric

mdschultze wrote:
This looks like it is shaping up to be a premiere Raw Meet. I can't wait till I get some strength on me, so I can compete. By the way Eric, I went to the site and the link to the qualifying totals wasn't working.

"A wise man once said nothing because he knew his actions would speak for him."

I believe it is fixed now.

Give this link a go and let us know:

http://www.rawunitymeet.com/about.html

Eric

Is Top Hog Tuck doing dl only since Mcdougal is doing this meet? He should

I would love to see some Westside guys lift in it.

And Mark Bell from Super training, Since Hoss is lifting.

Becky Rich would be a nice addition to the ladys division.

Eric, any chance of working the BIG guys in? I am wanting to see frankl and caslow.. A lot has been said about their raw numbers.

The Money is getting more abundant with this meet when it grows even more, I say the westside and big guys will come out, but now the pro am will take presidence because they lift that way and they give out about 20k

Anonymous wrote:
Eric, any chance of working the BIG guys in? I am wanting to see frankl and caslow.. A lot has been said about their raw numbers.

lmao BIG guys.....u damn nut there are BIG guys in the meet already and if BIG guys want to come they will be on the platform

hey eric,sent you an e-mail

I wanna see Karwoski lift at RUM.

The Russians are Coming

Anonymous wrote:
Eric, any chance of working the BIG guys in? I am wanting to see frankl and caslow.. A lot has been said about their raw numbers.

I have discussed the Raw Unity Meet with several BIG guys. We talked at the APF Seniors in June.

They are aware of Raw Unity, and I believe they know that the door is always open for them.

If they want to come and compete, then we are happy to have them.

They will go through the same selection process as any other lifter that applies for an automatic invite. It is required that they formally request an invite, send us a complete lifter resume, and then the Raw Unity executive board will vote either "yes" or "no". The majority will carry, and then the lifter is notified.

We are not going to turn away great lifters-whether they are raw, single ply, or multi-ply. The Raw Unity executive committee has a lot of experience, so they know a great lifter when they see one.

Eric

Anonymous wrote:
The Russians are Coming

I keep bugging my friend Nick Zhukov to field a team and to bring them to Raw Unity :)

Eric

Gratton wrote:
I wanna see Karwoski lift at RUM.

So do we!

Eric

Is there a chance that Karwoski will lift in this meet? Is he considering doing it?

Eric Talmant wrote:

If the personnel that we are hoping show up for Raw Unity 2010 and like what they see and decide to come back for 2011, then we will do away with the 24 hour weigh-in.

Eric

Eric, do you mean go to a 2hr weigh in when you say do away w/ the 24hr? What are the hopes in doing this?

Brian Mc wrote:
Eric Talmant wrote:

If the personnel that we are hoping show up for Raw Unity 2010 and like what they see and decide to come back for 2011, then we will do away with the 24 hour weigh-in.

Eric

Eric, do you mean go to a 2hr weigh in when you say do away w/ the 24hr? What are the hopes in doing this?

To clarify: there will be a 24 hour weigh in for 2010. Eventually we would like to move towards a 14 or so hour weigh-in. Something like weighing in the night before you compete. However, I don't know how soon we may be able to do that. We need great personnel to pull this off and still be ready for the lifters come morning. This would also have to pass in the Raw Unity executive committee.

However, weigh-ins for 2010 will start 24 hours before the competition.

Eric