Ivanko Powerlifting Weightlifting Plates and Bars - Official Distributor




Konstantin Konstantinovs Pulls 939 Lbs Raw

Latvian Konstantin Konstantinovs (308) pulled 939 pounds and totalled 2,217 pounds raw today at the AWPC MonsterGym Open Championship in Latvia. The deadlift is the highest official raw deadlift in history. Konstantinovs already holds the third spot on the deadlift all-time rankings, with a 948 pound equipped deadlift. This deadlift will take the fourth spot.

Konstantinovs 2,217 pound total is the highest raw total recorded in many years. It eclipses Ben Brand's (shw) 2,150 pound total.

Konstantinovs added a 727 pound squat and 551 pound bench press.

Here is video of his day.

Squat:

Bench press:

Deadlift:

881 pound opening deadlift:

Comment viewing options

I am fairly certain that Andy Bolton has the highest official raw deadlift at either 430KG or 427.5KG. I think Johny Vasquez said it was 430 KG

Anonymous wrote:
I am fairly certain that Andy Bolton has the highest official raw deadlift at either 430KG or 427.5KG. I think Johny Vasquez said it was 430 KG

It was with belt,and 30kg BW more than Kostja....

It is not in same world.

OMG that was a great pull by a really yoked up dude!!!!

I know the IPF crew wants to complain about the quick down signal, but he was there and locked, you don't have to wait there all day for a down signal hoping he unlocks his knee or screws something up like they wait for in the USAPL. I've seen it a million times... hang you out to dry with rack calls, down signals and press calls dying to give you a red for something technical if they wait long enough.

It was quick for sure, no argue, but he completed the lift 100%.

AWESOME PULL!!!!!

Putt Houston.... now with Ridiculous BCWW

Anonymous wrote:
I am fairly certain that Andy Bolton has the highest official raw deadlift at either 430KG or 427.5KG. I think Johny Vasquez said it was 430 KG

Bolton has deadlifted 947 pound raw in competition but it was not in a raw division, so not official.

939... WITHOUT A BELT?!?!?!

I bow to you...

Konstantinovs is THE man.

I was just thinking... AWPC.... no belt.... no gear... maybe one of the top 10 greatest powerlifting feats in history. WOW!!!!

Putt Houston.... now with Ridiculous BCWW

That has to be the most impressive exhibition of pulling power in quite some time...

WHAAAAATTTT!!!! WOW this guy is the best man, he is the best deadlifter to ever live. Suit and belt he'll out deadlift bolton no doubt in my mind! his bench was a smokeshow, his squat was easy, this guy is probably the best all around powerlifter on the planet right now.

Quote:
Bolton has deadlifted 947 pound raw in competition but it was not in a raw division, so not official.

So does this deadlift count as the "Raw World Record" or is it the highest raw deadlift according to the PLWatch rankings?

Dan

WWW.ATLARGENUTRITION.COM

I would not say he is better than Bolton as he has yet to pull what Bolton has. The body weight thing really isn't an argument because he could certainly put on some weight to get there if he wanted to. He is certainly one of only a couple of men capable of a 1000 lbs + pull and I personally love the fact he is so darn strong and has a lean physique to boot.

Daaaaaaamn a 2200 raw total on top of the pull. Absurd!

Chris Mason, how do you figure he is not better than Bolton? If you use any kind of formula he is better, the one thing that does matter is Bodyweight. It can be the difference bewteen 1st and 2nd or National Champ vs runner up.

Im no smart guy in math, but if you did a body weight formula, Konstantinovs would beat Andy Bolton, All day.

Unbelievable. Especially considering it wasn't after taking token attempts in the squat and bench.

At 275 this guy seems to be the successor of the great Jon Cole! With an even better deadlift to boot.

Someone already commented this...but DAMN!

who else out there would love to see this guy train and eat and go shopping etc.

on an Training DVD?!

One of the most impressive feats of strength in quite some time. He is incredible.

Quote:

It was with belt,and 30kg BW more than Kostja....

It is not in same world.

a belt is not going to add hardly anything (if anything) in a deadlift but ya the bodyweight difference does make especially impressive(wasn't debating that as you can tell from my response)

Quote:

Bolton has deadlifted 947 pound raw in competition but it was not in a raw division, so not official.

That seems pretty silly to me.

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

a belt is not going to add hardly anything (if anything) in a deadlift but ya the bodyweight difference does make especially impressive(wasn't debating that as you can tell from my response)

a belt would add AT LEAST 10-20kg.

x2

a belt would add between 10-20kg.

x2

a belt would add between 10-20kg.

J, Hernandez wrote:
Chris Mason, how do you figure he is not better than Bolton? If you use any kind of formula he is better, the one thing that does matter is Bodyweight. It can be the difference bewteen 1st and 2nd or National Champ vs runner up.

Im no smart guy in math, but if you did a body weight formula, Konstantinovs would beat Andy Bolton, All day.

I figure I was pretty clear. Bolton has pulled over 1000 lbs, Konstantinov has not. Konstantinov has the frame to carry enough weight to be a superheavy if he chose to. So, in my mind, until he pulls the most ever he is not the best. In the end, he who lifts the absolute most weight is the strongest, no?

Anyway, the guy is my favorite lifter, but I would not say he is better than Bolton.

Absolutely rediculous.

All hail Konstantin!

Proudly representing The Royal Family of Jack

chris mason wrote:
J, Hernandez wrote:
Chris Mason, how do you figure he is not better than Bolton? If you use any kind of formula he is better, the one thing that does matter is Bodyweight. It can be the difference bewteen 1st and 2nd or National Champ vs runner up.

Im no smart guy in math, but if you did a body weight formula, Konstantinovs would beat Andy Bolton, All day.

I figure I was pretty clear. Bolton has pulled over 1000 lbs, Konstantinov has not. Konstantinov has the frame to carry enough weight to be a superheavy if he chose to. So, in my mind, until he pulls the most ever he is not the best. In the end, he who lifts the absolute most weight is the strongest, no?

Anyway, the guy is my favorite lifter, but I would not say he is better than Bolton.

kk`s the best!
you stil play darts chris

chris mason wrote:
J, Hernandez wrote:
Chris Mason, how do you figure he is not better than Bolton? If you use any kind of formula he is better, the one thing that does matter is Bodyweight. It can be the difference bewteen 1st and 2nd or National Champ vs runner up.

Im no smart guy in math, but if you did a body weight formula, Konstantinovs would beat Andy Bolton, All day.

I figure I was pretty clear. Bolton has pulled over 1000 lbs, Konstantinov has not. Konstantinov has the frame to carry enough weight to be a superheavy if he chose to. So, in my mind, until he pulls the most ever he is not the best. In the end, he who lifts the absolute most weight is the strongest, no?

Anyway, the guy is my favorite lifter, but I would not say he is better than Bolton.

No, its not clear. It might be crystal clear in your head, but its not on powerliftingwatch.com

Your reasoning skills are flawed. The strongest isnt always who lifts the most weight. Strongest has many meanings, granted if they went head to head in a battle (he who lifts more wins) but who would win the best lifter award? Who would get a higher wilks? To me, Wilks is more impressive that total amount lifted. To you, I guess its clear. But how can you say that a man who weighs 400lbs and pulls 69 more lbs than a man who weighs 300 is more impressive?

And just because he can gain weight to be a super doesnt mean anything, ZIP. What is Bolton lost 70lbs, would he pull 1000? or even 900?

Not to argue, I mean we all have our opinions, but when you actually start to reason with facts (not just opinions) its clear that Konstantinovs is a better deadlifter.

I think he will soon take the complete record, and solidify my opinion.

WOW no belt that is the most amazing pulling I have ever seen period!! Ken Ufford

J, Hernandez wrote:
chris mason wrote:
J, Hernandez wrote:
Chris Mason, how do you figure he is not better than Bolton? If you use any kind of formula he is better, the one thing that does matter is Bodyweight. It can be the difference bewteen 1st and 2nd or National Champ vs runner up.

Im no smart guy in math, but if you did a body weight formula, Konstantinovs would beat Andy Bolton, All day.

I figure I was pretty clear. Bolton has pulled over 1000 lbs, Konstantinov has not. Konstantinov has the frame to carry enough weight to be a superheavy if he chose to. So, in my mind, until he pulls the most ever he is not the best. In the end, he who lifts the absolute most weight is the strongest, no?

Anyway, the guy is my favorite lifter, but I would not say he is better than Bolton.

No, its not clear. It might be crystal clear in your head, but its not on powerliftingwatch.com

Your reasoning skills are flawed. The strongest isnt always who lifts the most weight. Strongest has many meanings, granted if they went head to head in a battle (he who lifts more wins) but who would win the best lifter award? Who would get a higher wilks? To me, Wilks is more impressive that total amount lifted. To you, I guess its clear. But how can you say that a man who weighs 400lbs and pulls 69 more lbs than a man who weighs 300 is more impressive?

And just because he can gain weight to be a super doesnt mean anything, ZIP. What is Bolton lost 70lbs, would he pull 1000? or even 900?

Not to argue, I mean we all have our opinions, but when you actually start to reason with facts (not just opinions) its clear that Konstantinovs is a better deadlifter.

I think he will soon take the complete record, and solidify my opinion.


Hey chris mason how about u stick to selling supplemnts since u know nothing about powerlifting and of course andy bolton is not better by formula maybe again like u said in your head he is .Mr j.Hernandez i could not have said it better.

natthebest1 wrote:
J, Hernandez wrote:
chris mason wrote:
J, Hernandez wrote:
Chris Mason, how do you figure he is not better than Bolton? If you use any kind of formula he is better, the one thing that does matter is Bodyweight. It can be the difference bewteen 1st and 2nd or National Champ vs runner up.

Im no smart guy in math, but if you did a body weight formula, Konstantinovs would beat Andy Bolton, All day.

I figure I was pretty clear. Bolton has pulled over 1000 lbs, Konstantinov has not. Konstantinov has the frame to carry enough weight to be a superheavy if he chose to. So, in my mind, until he pulls the most ever he is not the best. In the end, he who lifts the absolute most weight is the strongest, no?

Anyway, the guy is my favorite lifter, but I would not say he is better than Bolton.

No, its not clear. It might be crystal clear in your head, but its not on powerliftingwatch.com

Your reasoning skills are flawed. The strongest isnt always who lifts the most weight. Strongest has many meanings, granted if they went head to head in a battle (he who lifts more wins) but who would win the best lifter award? Who would get a higher wilks? To me, Wilks is more impressive that total amount lifted. To you, I guess its clear. But how can you say that a man who weighs 400lbs and pulls 69 more lbs than a man who weighs 300 is more impressive?

And just because he can gain weight to be a super doesnt mean anything, ZIP. What is Bolton lost 70lbs, would he pull 1000? or even 900?

Not to argue, I mean we all have our opinions, but when you actually start to reason with facts (not just opinions) its clear that Konstantinovs is a better deadlifter.

I think he will soon take the complete record, and solidify my opinion.


Hey chris mason how about u stick to selling supplemnts since u know nothing about powerlifting and of course andy bolton is not better by formula maybe again like u said in your head he is .Mr j.Hernandez i could not have said it better.

OH ALMOST FORGOT THIS IS PHIL HARRINGTON NOT A TROLL.

Well until natethebest1, J Hernandez or Chris Mason ever come near to pulling what either men pull, it really doesnt matter now does it? None of them will ever be close to pulling what they do, so who gives a fuck??? I am guessing none of them are even 200lbs away lmfao...go get a life you guys, jesus herman christ almighty.

Just curious what did he weigh in at.The information says (308)class my guess is he wasn't much over 275lbs. his last training session had his bw listed at about 277lbs.plus he still looks the same in terms of bw it doesn't appear he gained any more weight certainly not anywhere near 308lbs.

hernandez is right, the man that lifts the most is the baddest. just like other weight reguleted sports the big boys get the spot light because the junior mints can't beat em no matter what there pound 4 pound skills are.

NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT THE MAN JUST CLOSE GRIPPED 551 LIKE A WARM UP!

michael tillotson wrote:
hernandez is right, the man that lifts the most is the baddest. just like other weight reguleted sports the big boys get the spot light because the junior mints can't beat em no matter what there pound 4 pound skills are.

Actually, that's what Chris Mason was saying, but I agree with you nonetheless.

I'm not sure why that is perceived as a slant against KK though. The guy just put up the biggest raw dead and I think we all know he could get 61lbs out of a suit and pull 1000 so it'll be a moot point in the near future anyways.

Both men trained extremely hard to reach their accomplishments, both men obviously took different routes to get there. We'll never know how they stack up against each other. I respect Big K for pulling what he does and LOOKING the way he does. We're not bodybuilders, so we don't win any points on appearance, but consider that Big K weighs about 270-280 (even though he competed as a 308), while Andy Bolton weighs about 370 lbs. Big K has got a future in the sport if he stays where he's at. Andy Bolton will probably have to give up the sport within 5-7 years, unless he drops the weight, the wear and tear on your body from weighing nearly 400 lbs is unbelievable, when combined with high level powerlifting.

Anonymous wrote:
Just curious what did he weigh in at.The information says (308)class my guess is he wasn't much over 275lbs. his last training session had his bw listed at about 277lbs.plus he still looks the same in terms of bw it doesn't appear he gained any more weight certainly not anywhere near 308lbs.

Weighed in at 128 kg (282 lbs), so not much above the 275's at all.

Absolutely amazing. About the Bolton argument, if prize money was being given out for the biggest pull Bolton would win, if it was by formula KK would win. It's not worth arguing. It looks like KK might be able to outpull Bolton down the road regardless of weight class. Then there's certainly no argument.

Trememdous overall lifting by KK!

Proudly representing:
AtLargeNutrition and
Inzer Advance Designs

WOW, Great lifting!!

Edward G. Dudley-Robey, M.D.
http://www.DoctorBench.com

dgresh wrote:
Quote:
Bolton has deadlifted 947 pound raw in competition but it was not in a raw division, so not official.

So does this deadlift count as the "Raw World Record" or is it the highest raw deadlift according to the PLWatch rankings?

Dan

Currently, there are no "Raw World Records". Johnny Vasquez has compiled "Raw American All-time Records". Neither Konstantinovs nor Bolton would be on those records.

Powerlifting Watch will recognize it as the highest official raw deadlift in powerlifting history. Likewise, it will rank on the Lifter Rankings as a raw lift.

THE MAN!

The guy who pulls more is stronger no doubt. But is he a better lifter? A SHW pulling 605 and a 165 pulling 600 are in two different worlds in terms of ability, but the SHW is still stronger.

Also, both Bolton and KK's lifts are untouchable in their respective weight class, so I say fvck the formula they're both equally incredible.

Awesome job KK! His 2207 was not even close to being full out, with the exception of his deadlift. Looks like he could've squatted 800, and added another 30 on his bench. Must have saved some of his legs from squats for his monster pull. Absolutely amazing.

Amazing lifting! I'd still take the stance that the man who lifts most is strongest though, although this was incredible, and moreso because of a lesser bodyweight; but bodyweight has nothing to do with ABSOLUTE strength, only relative. So I guess you could say Bolton is stronger in an absolute sense, but KK in the relative sense, but then you'd have to look back at some of the pulls by much lighter guys like Lamar Gant. Regardless of any comparisons, all these guys impress the hell out of me.

Damnation, that was awsome lifting, but that guy has the smalest legs i have seen on such a powerful man he he

Travis Bell wrote:
michael tillotson wrote:
hernandez is right, the man that lifts the most is the baddest. just like other weight reguleted sports the big boys get the spot light because the junior mints can't beat em no matter what there pound 4 pound skills are.

Actually, that's what Chris Mason was saying, but I agree with you nonetheless.

I'm not sure why that is perceived as a slant against KK though. The guy just put up the biggest raw dead and I think we all know he could get 61lbs out of a suit and pull 1000 so it'll be a moot point in the near future anyways.


Some people are made to lift and others are made to type and run there mouth like there at westside everyday one day a week is not westide get that straight . What do u know about fullpower u are bench only westside .And to your hero chris mason was saying that i agree nontheless . give it a break .

Let us get one thing stright: if he could get more by wearing a belt he WOULD. Do you think he's not wearing a belt just to impress the internet warriors? No, he doesn't wear a belt because it hinders him. Just like Kroc doesn't wear knee wraps and people say "just imagine if he wore knee wraps." Well, he doesn't because they hinder him so he would acutally get less OR HE WOULD WEAR THEM. Same case with KK. If that's not the case I wish he'd clear that up in some way. As far as my humble opinion on the body weight/bigger deadlift issue, I believe that powerlifters do not get points for looks. When you're talking about a 132lb'er going against a 165lb'er in a that's one thing, but when you're talking about ALL-TIME records, it doesn't matter what weight class you are. The most weight lifted is the most weight lifted. It's like saying Byrd's squat is a "better" squat than Vlad's. Byrd has the heaviest 5x weightbody squat and squats 1100 and that "fat ass" Alhazov squat is only 150lbs heavier and he weighted 115lbs more. Vlad has the all-time most weight squatted and that is therefore the best squat. This is just for comparison, nothing against any lifters.

Brian Mc

natthebest1 wrote:
Travis Bell wrote:
michael tillotson wrote:
hernandez is right, the man that lifts the most is the baddest. just like other weight reguleted sports the big boys get the spot light because the junior mints can't beat em no matter what there pound 4 pound skills are.

Actually, that's what Chris Mason was saying, but I agree with you nonetheless.

I'm not sure why that is perceived as a slant against KK though. The guy just put up the biggest raw dead and I think we all know he could get 61lbs out of a suit and pull 1000 so it'll be a moot point in the near future anyways.


Some people are made to lift and others are made to type and run there mouth like there at westside everyday one day a week is not westide get that straight . What do u know about fullpower u are bench only westside .And to your hero chris mason was saying that i agree nontheless . give it a break .

LOL Phil I made no comment towards you. So go take your meds and calm down.

What makes me laugh is you never have the balls to say any of this to my face at the gym. Odd don't you think?

Anonymous wrote:
Let us get one thing stright: if he could get more by wearing a belt he WOULD. Do you think he's not wearing a belt just to impress the internet warriors? No, he doesn't wear a belt because it hinders him. Just like Kroc doesn't wear knee wraps and people say "just imagine if he wore knee wraps." Well, he doesn't because they hinder him so he would acutally get less OR HE WOULD WEAR THEM. Same case with KK. If that's not the case I wish he'd clear that up in some way. As far as my humble opinion on the body weight/bigger deadlift issue, I believe that powerlifters do not get points for looks. When you're talking about a 132lb'er going against a 165lb'er in a that's one thing, but when you're talking about ALL-TIME records, it doesn't matter what weight class you are. The most weight lifted is the most weight lifted. It's like saying Byrd's squat is a "better" squat than Vlad's. Byrd has the heaviest 5x weightbody squat and squats 1100 and that "fat ass" Alhazov squat is only 150lbs heavier and he weighted 115lbs more. Vlad has the all-time most weight squatted and that is therefore the best squat. This is just for comparison, nothing against any lifters.

Brian Mc

I disagree. He wears a belt on his heavy sets but he was actually making a statement. Trust me on this. I have read his training logs. He pulled 957 with a suit AND belt as a previous best. KK is going to compete on if these days equipped and make everyone shit their pants when he pulls like 1030 fucking pounds. When KK pulled 957 equipped, he was much weaker and much smaller than he is now. Something big is going to happen that is going to make Andy Bolton say "POOPTY PEUPTY PANTS-SSS!"

I too read that on his log about making a statement with his completely raw pull. I also agree that he will beat Andy hands down. Yeah people can argue that it isnt set in stone until it happens in a comp and that until then it is all talk, but it is going to happen. It is going to happen soon. LOL not to sure about your poopy comments though. Must be an inside joke of some sort.

That was an amazing pull. Not just raw, but no belt. It's just too bad he didn't hold it at the top. He couldn't possibly have gotten a legitimate down signal in the nano-second he had it at the top.

Travis Bell wrote:
natthebest1 wrote:
Travis Bell wrote:
michael tillotson wrote:
hernandez is right, the man that lifts the most is the baddest. just like other weight reguleted sports the big boys get the spot light because the junior mints can't beat em no matter what there pound 4 pound skills are.

Actually, that's what Chris Mason was saying, but I agree with you nonetheless.

I'm not sure why that is perceived as a slant against KK though. The guy just put up the biggest raw dead and I think we all know he could get 61lbs out of a suit and pull 1000 so it'll be a moot point in the near future anyways.


Some people are made to lift and others are made to type and run there mouth like there at westside everyday one day a week is not westide get that straight . What do u know about fullpower u are bench only westside .And to your hero chris mason was saying that i agree nontheless . give it a break .

LOL Phil I made no comment towards you. So go take your meds and calm down.

What makes me laugh is you never have the balls to say any of this to my face at the gym. Odd don't you think?


SEE YOU SOON THEN I WILL SHOW U BALLS SINCE U THINK I AM RUNNING MY MOUTH AND I WANT BE TAKING ANY MEDS THAT DAY EITHER HAH U MAKE ME LAUGH. YOUR SUCH A BAD ASS.

Anonymous wrote:
Let us get one thing stright: if he could get more by wearing a belt he WOULD. Do you think he's not wearing a belt just to impress the internet warriors? No, he doesn't wear a belt because it hinders him. Just like Kroc doesn't wear knee wraps and people say "just imagine if he wore knee wraps." Well, he doesn't because they hinder him so he would acutally get less OR HE WOULD WEAR THEM. Same case with KK. If that's not the case I wish he'd clear that up in some way. As far as my humble opinion on the body weight/bigger deadlift issue, I believe that powerlifters do not get points for looks. When you're talking about a 132lb'er going against a 165lb'er in a that's one thing, but when you're talking about ALL-TIME records, it doesn't matter what weight class you are. The most weight lifted is the most weight lifted. It's like saying Byrd's squat is a "better" squat than Vlad's. Byrd has the heaviest 5x weightbody squat and squats 1100 and that "fat ass" Alhazov squat is only 150lbs heavier and he weighted 115lbs more. Vlad has the all-time most weight squatted and that is therefore the best squat. This is just for comparison, nothing against any lifters.

Brian Mc

This is the same thing as Kroc and Frey saying they don't get anything from knee wraps. This is obviously a complete "kroc" of shit, because everyone knows knee wraps are added pounds. The problem here? They don't want to take the time to bother with them, so they act like they're about them. I know many guys that get 70-100 lbs out of wraps, so you cannot sit here and tell me that is the case.

Comparative to KK's no-belt using... He uses a belt in training sometimes. Sometimes he doesn't. Ox Mason told me one time- "If it's comfortable, it's not working." This is SOOOO true in the sport of powerlifting. If you're comfortable, then you are doing something wrong. I wear a belt only on M/E day- and when I do, it's very uncomfortable. I wear it low, and it hurts my hips and abs. But you know what? I wear it to increase abdominal pressure and get lbs out of it, period.

So don't act like a veteran of the sport, someone that pulls 900 lbs for Christ's sake, doesn't know that putting on a belt allows him to use better leverages. Just because he didn't, doesn't mean he doesn't. Hell, if I pulled 939 in just my boxers, I would do it like that too... hahaha

They don't want to take the time to bother with them, so they act like they're ABOVE them.

Sorry..

Wow 20 posts an no one noticed it was an "A"WPC
meet? I assume there will be a test since this was a WR performance. And he is is gonna pass?

Wicked performance under any circumstances.

MetalKing8 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Let us get one thing stright: if he could get more by wearing a belt he WOULD. Do you think he's not wearing a belt just to impress the internet warriors? No, he doesn't wear a belt because it hinders him. Just like Kroc doesn't wear knee wraps and people say "just imagine if he wore knee wraps." Well, he doesn't because they hinder him so he would acutally get less OR HE WOULD WEAR THEM. Same case with KK. If that's not the case I wish he'd clear that up in some way. As far as my humble opinion on the body weight/bigger deadlift issue, I believe that powerlifters do not get points for looks. When you're talking about a 132lb'er going against a 165lb'er in a that's one thing, but when you're talking about ALL-TIME records, it doesn't matter what weight class you are. The most weight lifted is the most weight lifted. It's like saying Byrd's squat is a "better" squat than Vlad's. Byrd has the heaviest 5x weightbody squat and squats 1100 and that "fat ass" Alhazov squat is only 150lbs heavier and he weighted 115lbs more. Vlad has the all-time most weight squatted and that is therefore the best squat. This is just for comparison, nothing against any lifters.

Brian Mc

This is the same thing as Kroc and Frey saying they don't get anything from knee wraps. This is obviously a complete "kroc" of shit, because everyone knows knee wraps are added pounds. The problem here? They don't want to take the time to bother with them, so they act like they're about them. I know many guys that get 70-100 lbs out of wraps, so you cannot sit here and tell me that is the case.

Comparative to KK's no-belt using... He uses a belt in training sometimes. Sometimes he doesn't. Ox Mason told me one time- "If it's comfortable, it's not working." This is SOOOO true in the sport of powerlifting. If you're comfortable, then you are doing something wrong. I wear a belt only on M/E day- and when I do, it's very uncomfortable. I wear it low, and it hurts my hips and abs. But you know what? I wear it to increase abdominal pressure and get lbs out of it, period.

So don't act like a veteran of the sport, someone that pulls 900 lbs for Christ's sake, doesn't know that putting on a belt allows him to use better leverages. Just because he didn't, doesn't mean he doesn't. Hell, if I pulled 939 in just my boxers, I would do it like that too... hahaha


Well said metalknig8 .So true in powerlifting u use every type of gear that is allowed.You dont bring a knife to a gun fight do u people,I sure dont ha ha .

Adam Onstein wrote:
I too read that on his log about making a statement with his completely raw pull. I also agree that he will beat Andy hands down. Yeah people can argue that it isnt set in stone until it happens in a comp and that until then it is all talk, but it is going to happen. It is going to happen soon. LOL not to sure about your poopy comments though. Must be an inside joke of some sort.

Where can you read his log?

Dan

Don't give a shit about Wilks formula, or prize money, or best lifter award, or any other bullshit. I'd rather pull 1008 than 948 equipped or 939 raw. Who gives a shit about weight, or height, or belt, or wraps. 1008 is higher than 939 or 948. "He will do one day," or "he could beat Bolton," but what has done for me lately? He hasn't done 1000+ yet. Hasn't even done over 950, so maybe we should take it easy until he does it. Shit, in 800 years I bet I could deadlift 1010, so I'm the best....

Anonymous wrote:
NO BODY IS TALKING ABOUT THE MAN JUST CLOSE GRIPPED 551 LIKE A WARM UP!

That is crazy considering he is built for pulling.

Anonymous wrote:
Don't give a shit about Wilks formula, or prize money, or best lifter award, or any other bullshit. I'd rather pull 1008 than 948 equipped or 939 raw. Who gives a shit about weight, or height, or belt, or wraps. 1008 is higher than 939 or 948. "He will do one day," or "he could beat Bolton," but what has done for me lately? He hasn't done 1000+ yet. Hasn't even done over 950, so maybe we should take it easy until he does it. Shit, in 800
years I bet I could deadlift 1010, so I'm the best....

He personal best in a compequipped is 957 if i remember correctly.

This shouldn't take anything away from Bolton's lift or vice versa. Bolton has more "absolute strength" and Konstantin Konstantinov has more "relative strength". This bodyweight vs. amount lifted argument is never ending. It's like comparing apples to oranges. One blogger will be arguing "absolute strength" with someone else who is siding with "relative strength". That's why they have the Wilk's formula. Right now the Wilk's formula is the only middle ground we have. Three separate comparisons Relative, Absolute or Wilks. Example: Ed Coan was relatively stronger than Andy Bolton. Bolton is absolutely stronger than Ed Coan. Wilks / do the math. No offense.

Awesome strength. Very inspirational!!! Congrats to KK!

http://www.gustrength.com/

The story tels Benedikt pulled raw, wearing shorts, 450 kg last year in training, and almost made 470 kg. So I dont think a 1030 pound deadlift will make any one shit there pants, even though it is a fucking good deadlift.

Holy shit!!!!

Looks like he has more in him aswell. This guy is gonna total 1050 raw sometime.

Outstanding performance Konstantin!!!

Just to clue everybody in on this Bolton being stronger debate. Anybody who has met, or has even just spoken with Louie Simmons would know that he is a better deadlifter @ 242 then he is @ 275. Now why is that? According to the logic here, wouldn't he pull more weight since he's heavier? Absolutely not. It is true that "Weight moves weight" so in most cases, you cal lift more if you weigh more. Although with the deadlift that is very funny about it, even though Bolton could lose weight to 275, he would lose strength from the weight loss, but he would gain a body type leverage advantage from the weight loss, allowing him to train back up to high 900 pound pull. I'm not saying that this will happen, but the heavier guys have more mass to pull the weight, but the leaner guys have much better leverage. It's kind of like how Chuck Vogelpohl pulled 816 @ 220, but "only" 835 @ 275. Sure he had more size to lift the weight, but it completely fucked his leverage. Either way, this was a HUGE RAW lift, and I hope to see this guy pull 975+ geared.

I think a lot of people are assuming 1008 is Andy's limit...

Christian Sobrino wrote:
I think a lot of people are assuming 1008 is Andy's limit...

I'm sure we'll find out today, the BPC British is on now.

If he's gonna go for more he'll do it today. I can't see him going for token lifts at the worlds.

Christian.

They assume wrong.
THERE ARE NO LIMITS. I meen not just for andy but for all. Stop looking at your goals as possible or not possible, look at them as the next step to even more crazyness.

That is an impressive lift, what needs to happen to end the bolten, Konstantin debate is Konstantin should train in gear and let us see what he can pull, the man is extremely strong but untill he pulls the weight he has still not broken the 1000 lb barrier. Regardless if he is better relative to body weight, just to clarify im not trying to take anything from him i do hope he out pulls bolten just to add a little compitition but i guess time will tell.

My two cents here phil, travis your encounter would make a great westside vid. Not trying to fuel the fire, just trying to lighten the mood.

Quote:

I disagree. He wears a belt on his heavy sets but he was actually making a statement. Trust me on this. I have read his training logs. He pulled 957 with a suit AND belt as a previous best. KK is going to compete on if these days equipped and make everyone shit their pants when he pulls like 1030 fucking pounds. When KK pulled 957 equipped, he was much weaker and much smaller than he is now. Something big is going to happen that is going to make Andy Bolton say "POOPTY PEUPTY PANTS-SSS!"

It was actually 430KG which is about 948 pounds(well 947.978 pounds actually) not 957 pounds. I mean the records are linked right here at powerliftingwatch -> http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records/900-pound-deadlift

Quote:

x2

a belt would add between 10-20kg.

I don't by that at all. Its not like a squat. It starts from the ground

Quote:

That is an impressive lift, what needs to happen to end the bolten, Konstantin debate is Konstantin should train in gear and let us see what he can pull, the man is extremely strong but untill he pulls the weight he has still not broken the 1000 lb barrier. Regardless if he is better relative to body weight, just to clarify im not trying to take anything from him i do hope he out pulls bolten just to add a little compitition but i guess time will tell.

I would rather see a totally raw comp(no bench shirt, now squat suit, no knee wraps,no belt and no monolift) between KK, Bolton, Siders and Savickas. That will never happen of course

That would be interesting no doubt, but to be fair to both side we would then need to have an all raw meet like you said and a full gear meet.
With enough time given to prepair for each.

Maybe everyone has forgotten...

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A MAN PULLING 939 WITHOUT A BELT OR SUIT ON IN COMPETITION. IT IS ABOUT A RAW MEET THAT HE DID, IN WHICH HE TOTALED 2,214.

This thread IS NOT about Andy Bolton. Nor is it about Konstantin pulling geared.

Please, please, PLEASE focus on the thread. All this hearsay BS is getting us no where, and is going to potentially get people's asses kicked. Respect the man for WHAT he did, the WAY he did it, and move on. This is getting stupid. I'm sorry, but no one really cares what each of you thinks compared to what every one else thinks. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Again, remarkable pull.

one of the best pulls ever, I wonder what he will do once he gets in the gear. Remember, andys problem with 1000+ seemed to be more of a grip issue then anything. KK I imagine doesn't get as much out of a suit as some people due to his style, but I would expect he gets a fair amount form his belt.

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

x2

a belt would add between 10-20kg.

I don't by that at all. Its not like a squat. It starts from the ground

You must not have much money then...

10-20kg is quite a comfortable gain from wearing a belt.

Anonymous wrote:
KK I imagine doesn't get as much out of a suit as some people due to his style, but I would expect he gets a fair amount form his belt.

I gave his hunch back style a trial last year, my back hated it, but the way its sat with the suit seemed to work really well.

formulas are just made to give the lighter guys another trophy to go home with! ;) That's why we have weight classes people! Awesome pull by a great lifter and can't wait to see what he does in the future.

Anonymous wrote:
formulas are just made to give the lighter guys another trophy to go home with! ;) That's why we have weight classes people! Awesome pull by a great lifter and can't wait to see what he does in the future.

Careful, Anon. Keep talking that smack and all the lighter guys pulling 5X bodyweight are going to get pissed. They'll move up in weight class and you'll never see another lifter over 275 with an all-time record ;-)

KNOCK KNOCK...
WHOSE THERE?
YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF RETARDS FOR TALKING ABOUT BOLTON WHEN KK IS THE MAN.
THAT'S WHO!

Knock Knock...
Who's there...
Smell Mop.
Smell Mop Who?

You are sofa king we todd ed.

JC Carter wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

x2

a belt would add between 10-20kg.

I don't by that at all. Its not like a squat. It starts from the ground

You must not have much money then...

10-20kg is quite a comfortable gain from wearing a belt.

haha x2

the belt adds kgs. end of story. 10-20kg AT LEAST.

whats the point of not wearing a belt anyways?

Its still a raw lift with abelt

Anonymous wrote:
whats the point of not wearing a belt anyways?

....because he CAN!

Its still a raw lift with abelt

That is not the point - it is more impressive to lift the weight without a belt than with a belt.

460kg DEADLIFT / Valantin Dikul video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqxEfB5-Lv8

Is it real? His other videos show him flipping 180lb kettlebells.

Valantin Dikul is a well known fraud

Quote:

haha x2

the belt adds kgs. end of story. 10-20kg AT LEAST.

KK deadlifted 430KG with a suit and a belt. Thats about 9 more pounds(4KG) that this deadlift without any suit or belt. Thats essentially the same.

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

haha x2

the belt adds kgs. end of story. 10-20kg AT LEAST.

KK deadlifted 430KG with a suit and a belt. Thats about 9 more pounds(4KG) that this deadlift without any suit or belt. Thats essentially the same.

No it is not essentially the same. He is much stronger now than what he was previously at. That is why he is making a statement with his beltless pull. You will see when he puts on his gear and wears a belt and pulls over 1000. I will repeat one more time for all of you who have never deadlifted.... BELTS ADD WEIGHT!!! BOTTOM LINE!

Holy crap this guy is insanely strong!! The pull was out of this world, but that bench was pretty damn crazy too. His squat was the only lift that seemed like it was done by an actual "human"!! WOW, I don't know that any video footage has ever impressed me more and there has been some good stuff on here. KK is unreal!! Scott